By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

I told you guys the comparision are using PS4 running in 720p.

Eurogamer has since learned that a day one patch will be released to address the problem, which Activision is blaming on a "configuration issue".

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs natively at 1080p on the PlayStation 4," an Activision spokesperson told Eurogamer this evening.

"There was a configuration issue in the retail version on single-player mode only. This has been addressed with a day one software update. People will be able to download the day one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4

Around the Network

Can any game developer make a proper game anymore? Everything seems to need patching :).

i wonder how much a random employee got for this "configuration issue".

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I wonder how that affects reviews.

Around the Network

I really don't know how to respond.

Wow shocking... Day 1 patch to patch in 1080p.... sounds very fishy indeed.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Gehirnkrampf said:

The damage was done... some reviewers alreasy said "I can't see difference"... lol of course both games are outputing in 720p with upscalled to 1080p.

And again... GAF 100% right.

ethomaz said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

The damage was done... some reviewers alreasy said "I can't see difference"... lol of course both games are outputing in 720p with upscalled to 1080p.

yeah, the damage is what i'm talking about. damage is expensive. but you can have it, for enough money.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse