By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Guys Think Square Enix Will Ever Remake Final Fantasy VII ?

Tagged games:

Will Sqaure Enix Ever Remake FF VII ?

Yes 24 31.17%

No 16 20.78%

I Don't Care 14 18.18%

Maybe If Sqaure Enix Almost Went Bankrupt 20 25.97%

Others ( state your reason ) 3 3.90%

Total:77

It been 16 YEARS ( closing to 17 years ) since the original FF VII been released and it has been deem to be one of the masterpiece of RPG of all time and were known to many people to those who are a fan of RPG genre or even those who didn't even play FF VII yet. It is also heavily critical acclaimed by critics and it won numerous awards + it one of the best FF of all time. 

However after the released of FFX ( which is known to be the last good FF games ) and their old companies which is Square Soft already died off and merge into Square Enix,the whole franchise had gone downhill. I play FF from VII until X and stopped buying any FF game after X since XI TO XIV is just simply garbage. 

Also it seemed i am the only person who is not hyped about FFXV since it doesn't look anything like a FF game i remember and loved + the combat system just taken off from Kingdom Hearts. FFXV should have been called Final Hearts : Kingdom Reborn or whatever the name it is. Sadly nowaday there is only a few good rpg games that it still being released which is the Tales Series and we got garbage like Atelier and Hyperdimension ( no offence to those who like that game but it seemed to me like those both game does nothing innovative and lure people with female wearing skimpy and unappropriate outfit which left me an impression that is another generic RPG games )

Last year Square Enix did say they wanted to do a remake of FFVII. However if they do a remake of FFVII,they said it will be the end of the FF franchise. Like we give a crap Sqaure Enix ? They have been butchering the franchise after FFX and i have no intention of playing FFXII,FFXIII and that generic MMORPG which is FFXI and FFXIV that we see in a billion times. They also listed one condition in order for them to remake FFVII,one of their FF games need to surpasses FFVII ( in terms of quality and sales ) 

Will FFXV be the next FF game to surpasses FFVII or it will just ended up being a garbage FF game like FF XIII ? What do you guys thinks ?

Around the Network

What do you have against FF12?  I liked it.  Side note it has the same score on metacritic as FF7 :P.

They will, if someone funds it :/

BasilZero said:
It'll be remade eventually but only as a last resort when things look bad for them.

They will want to hold on to the nostalgia factor as long as they can without actually potentially ruining it through a remake.

What remakes have actually sold close to their original?

There's little motivation for the creative people to re-release something that's already been done when it's just as almost just much work as creating something new, and generally less fun.

The only way I could see them doing it is if maybe, FFXV bombs from a sails standpoint. But there's less pressure at the moment. Their stock price has almost doubled in the last 6 months (mainly since FFXIV's release), and loss was revised to profit for past 6 months.

Its like asking for a miracle and not getting pawned.

Around the Network

They will! And it will be the best Smartphone or Browser-based game ever!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

BasilZero said:
ishiki said:

What remakes have actually sold close to their original?

There's little motivation for the creative people to re-release something that's already been done when it's just as almost just much work as creating something new, and generally less fun.

The only way I could see them doing it is if maybe, FFXV bombs from a sails standpoint. But there's little pressure at the moment. Their stock price has almost doubled in the last 6 months (mainly since FFXIV's release).

FFX HD and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD says hello though.

Besides they are slowly crawling closer to the idea of a remake or more presence of FFVII (i.e. the re-release on PC and via digital on PSN). Though I doubt that a remake for FFVII will be coming soon. A iOS port seems more likely at this point in time.

Those are still a lot less work and still use a lot of assets from the original games. They still lack shadows, and lots of PS3 generation features. The fan mods for FFVII is more work than what's been done in either of those games.

Ofcourse they could do those things in FFVII and call it a remake. But, that would be underwhelming imo, and not really benefit them much.

Yes. For the iOS.

It'll be in 2D and look as if it was made using RPG Maker XV.

BasilZero said:
ishiki said:

Those are still a lot less work. The fan mods for FFVII is more work than what's been done in either of those games. There's still a lot of issues (lighting, etc) that still looks crap.

Regardless I'm sure its easier to recycle some of the stuff - make them a bit better looking than actually making new content/stuff altogether.

Anyways, I just looked - seems like FFIII for the 3DS sold more than the original - although VGChartz numbers - so ya....XD.

2 Final Fantasy III DS 2006 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.86 0.03 1.07 0.08 2.03
3 Final Fantasy III NES 1990 Role-Playing SquareSoft 0.00 0.00 1.39 0.01 1.40

well you win :p. And ofcourse if they recycle stuff and do essentially what the PC mods do only some things a bit better and more consistent art direction wise.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

What do you have against FF12?  I liked it.  Side note it has the same score on metacritic as FF7 :P.

I don't bother with metacritic score. Just take a look at Gone Home,a really shitty 1-2 hours games and yet it is heavily praised by critic -_-

Let me simplified it for you. ( This is just my own opinion )

-Worst main protoganist in any FF game next to Lighthing

-Battle system seems slow and grinding level is a bitch ( i prefer a more traditional turn-based battle system )

-Travelling one place to another is just long and tedious ( not sure if it had mounts or not )

-Not of the supporting character is memorable except Ashe ( why Ashe couldn't be the main protaganist instead of Vaan -_- )

-Is there any main antoganist like Sephiroth or Kefka ? Nope

-Story seemed ok but at the some time seem pointless too when compared to past FF game

-Environment seemed bland to me and doesn't have much variety to it

Maybe if Sqaure Enix remaster FFXII like they did with FFX, i might go play it but i won't enjoy like i did with the past FF games.