By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the WiiU should have MORE horror games.

Tagged games:

Horror on WiiU

Bring it on! 28 93.33%

No way! 2 6.67%

Total:30

Granted, we, horror fans, are a minority, but even so, there are several reasons for investing in horror games, as follows:

- We are loyal, till the bitter end. See Silent Hill, it had mediocre game after bad game released and we cannot let it go, we always come back for a little more.

- Horror games make a system look cool. See Eternal Darkness on Gamecube, a kiddy weird console got instant street cred because of that one single game.

- We forgive everything: Bad graphics? We don´t care, see ZombieU, slow pace? We love it! Bad aiming? It is a horror feature, not a flaw. We forgive everything if it is horror.

- It is more fun to do horror games: the music is cool and can be inspired by the horror movies classics, the writting can be smarter and inspirate by the literature horror masters, devs just have a lot of fun doing horror.

- You will never be acused of being disgusting sellout like Call of Duty, unless you go the Dead Space 3 route.

- It is cheaper. Since we are so forgiving, production value becomes a sauce, not the main attraction, save some money while doing cool games.

- The good horror games are never forgotten: Solid games become masterpieces when we look back in terms of horror.

- Your brand becomes part of our psyche: no one forgets that game that gave him nightmares and the console it was played.

So, there you have it. What do you guys think?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

As much as I'd like to see this happen, Nintendo will simply take this on board as: "cash flash for moar Resident Evil exclusivity".

Also I haven't played it yet, but Silent Hill Shattered Memories doesn't look terrible imo.

STRYKIE said:
As much as I'd like to see this happen, Nintendo will simply take this on board as: "cash flash for moar Resident Evil exclusivity".

Also I haven't played it yet, but Silent Hill Shattered Memories doesn't look terrible imo.

I played on PSP, it was pretty good. the really bad Silent Hill is Book of Memories on Vita, which I own and Homecomming. Downpour is kinda mediocre and have very dull design, but it is actually decent.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

It has enough. Can't get much more horrifying than EA's launch games.

This thread is insulting to craft.

Around the Network

Nintendo should definitely produce a Fatal Frame game for Wii U. Doesn't Nintendo now co-own the franchise? The GamePad would be perfect.

I wonder if that Shadow of Eternals game will ever see the light of day. Those early demos looked great and a spiritual successor to Eternal darkness is long overdue.

Sadly Ubisoft wont be making a ZombiU 2, even though its an old news it still worth mentioning.

Now i do agree that the Wii U has a lot of potential for Horror games, the possibilities with the Game Pad are endless.

zippy said:
I wonder if that Shadow of Eternals game will ever see the light of day. Those early demos looked great and a spiritual successor to Eternal darkness is long overdue.

I don´t have much faith on this project, but I do want to see more games based on Chutullu, proper ones, not that Penny Arcade travesty, which I consider to be a insult to Lovecraft

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Nintendo should definitely produce a Fatal Frame game for Wii U. Doesn't Nintendo now co-own the franchise? The GamePad would be perfect.

They do own it. A HD game would be amazing in the Fatal Frame universe.