By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - what's up with all the Ryse threads?!

Tagged games:

I've noticed a flooding of Ryse threads as of recent, and I'm starting to wonder why people are so hyped for this game? I'm not bashing the game, nor the gamers that's looking forward to play it. My understanding of the game is from last E3 and the weeks that followed the reveal, but this is how I view the game:

Great graphics, but poor and generic art design/art style

Too much QTE

Far too easy, so much so that you'll execute your finishing moves even without actually doing anything.

Am I wrong in these assumptions? Have the game changed in a substantial way in recent months? 

Please tell me why you're hyped for this game and why you're flooding VGC with topics about it!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Nope

Ryse is the Knack of the Xbox.

But people think Cerny will turn Knack into a sleeper hit

It feels like people are trying to convince others that the game is good and if they say it enough times people will start to believe them, I think I saw at least half a dozen Ryse threads.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

It feels like people are trying to convince others that the game is good and if they say it enough times people will start to believe them, I think I saw at least half a dozen Ryse threads.

Yeah kinda feels like were being swamped... ergo THIS thread about ryse ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Well there is one certain poster, who posts like have a dozen Ryse threads daily, so I think that inflates it.
Also I saw insanity is back, so vgchartz will be microsoft.news.com once again.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

IGN is not trust worthy. At all.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
IGN is not trust worthy. At all.

It is, just Ryan McCafrrey isn't, he's just geared towards Xbox fanboys, as he is one himself.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Some people just need to justify their purchase of a console or something, that's why they praise the fuck out of exclusive titles even before they played them. Now everything points to Ryse being mediocre at best but some people just can't accept that.

But they all will see that launch titles in general suck. There are just very few exceptions from this rule like Super Mario 64. In this Gen, I think Killzone is the exception, it's the only game that doesn't look completely boring or is already available in Gen 7. But other than that, both launches aren't special and I bet most if not all launch titles will be completel forgotten the same time next year.

Console launches suck, really. Only buy a console at launch if you have enough money and if you are ready to be a beta tester. If you just want to play good games, stick with Gen 7 for a while. Wait for better games, better firmares, maybe better hardware and the first price cut. I think 2 years later is about the sweet spot to get into Next-Gen for most people.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Well half of them are hyping it up, and the other half are trying to convince everyone it'll be shit.

Clearly it's a polarizing game.
Not surprising when you think about it. Xbox fans have to hype it because it has far and away the best visuals of the launch games on the system, and lack of power is what others keep throwing in their face. Playstation fans have to remind everyone how boring and stale it will no doubt be because they have to distract from the fact that Ryse looks arguably better than anything on PS4, thus kind of putting a bit of a damper on their whole POWAH! parade.

Anyway......as hard as it may be for some of you to believe, there are actually people excited to play it. Maybe it's because they love the Roman era, maybe they like simple hack and slash games, maybe they're just graphic whores and want something that showcases their new system. They have every right to be hyped about the game.

And no....the irony of you complaining about Ryse threads in a self created Ryse thread isn't lost on me.

Angelus said:
Well half of them are hyping it up, and the other half are trying to convince everyone it'll be shit.

Clearly it's a polarizing game.
Not surprising when you think about it. Xbox fans have to hype it because it has far and away the best visuals of the launch games on the system, and lack of power is what others keep throwing in their face. Playstation fans have to remind everyone how boring and stale it will no doubt be because they have to distract from the fact that Ryse looks arguably better than anything on PS4, thus kind of putting a bit of a damper on their whole POWAH! parade.

Anyway......as hard as it may be for some of you to believe, there are actually people excited to play it. Maybe it's because they love the Roman era, maybe they like simple hack and slash games, maybe they're just graphic whores and want something that showcases their new system. They have every right to be hyped about the game.

And no....the irony of you complaining about Ryse threads in a self created Ryse thread isn't lost on me.

Ryse doesn't look better than KZ. It may looks more realistic but then KZ isn't going for realism. But besides that I wouldn't say Ryse is polarizing. Most people talking about loving it or hating haven't played it. For all we know it could end up being the best game this year or it could be Haze 2. Especially after Crytek bought the Haze developers. Might have rubbed off on the main team. God that game sucked. Sorry for getting completely off point.