By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 Gamepad impression

Tagged games:

Have you tried it?

I'm interested in the feedbacks of my fellow VGCharterz, to know if I have to save for a fighting stick for Killer Instinct.

Since I tried Xbox 360 gamepad, I never went back. The comfort, reliability and it's precision makes me enjoy games better.

So, to any of you that tried X1 controller on a Xbox Tour Bus or any other place leave me your feedback. It's important to me.

Around the Network

Here is what Max thinks of it:

Can't wait to try it when I get the One, looks amazing.

Zappykins has used it, he'll thinks it's awesome, especially the impulse triggers.

Mistershine said:
Zappykins has used it, he'll thinks it's awesome, especially the impulse triggers.

I'm very curious about that. I wonder if it is the same concept as rumble.

Around the Network

I'm really not a fighting games guy so I can't help you there. I play them with the analogue sticks so yea...

The only person i know of on this site would be Zappykins. Other than that people are saying it is really awesome and that the impulse triggers are kind of a shock at first but awesome.

Mistershine said:

Thanks for remembering!  Here is my post about it:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162150&page=1

To answer the question about the haptic triggers - it's similar, as it reminds me when I first tired Rumble with the extra battery packs on an N64.  I was like 'woa' this is a little weird -  and after playing for a while I needed a break - it was just so new and a little intense.

Now rumble is everywhere.  And it's weird when it isn't there.  As it gives you feed back and more information about what is going on in the game.  It makes games better and more immersive.

Now the new feedback triggers - like rumble, but bare with me 'more intimate.'  Like rumble you can hear, and your friends can hear - epically if you set it on a table or something, lol.  The triggers are more personal - more direct and unexpected.  Like it's information just for you and more personal. 

Remember it's on your fingers.  I think rumble feels like it effects your whole hand, but the triggers are your finger tips.  They are more sensitive.  It's more subtle, but effects you more 'deeply.'  I think it's the next wave, and will be a standard in future gens.

Rumble would be like painting a wall.  Where the triggers are like a fine detailed painting on the wall.

I guarantee some people will find it too intense and not like it - those are the people that usually stick to keyboards, have 3D TV's never have never used, and play with the sound muted.  I don't understand those people, but wish them well.

As far as the rest of the Xbox One controller, I found it very familiar to the current X360 one.  I like the new textures on the sticks - reminds me of a friend's 'pro sticks' or something like that.  There is no 'wobble' in the sticks at all - which is great.

TL/DR:  I found the Feedback Triggers surprisingly intense and think most people will not want to game without them.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It holds better than 360's controller on the hands and everything else is fine... the D-Pad have the most changes for good too.

The only downside was the bumpers... I can't use them because half of it is dead... it help to not push the tigger and bumper together but it is like a dead button for me... I have to got my hands of the controller to make this button works... weird.

The only game I played that use the impulse triggers was Forza 5 but it was used like a assist to help you make the turns better... I don't like it because the reason.. it make you lost the timing of the race to make the turns in the best way possible... so I need to try another game.

Zappykins said:
Mistershine said:

Thanks for remembering!  Here is my post about it:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162150&page=1

To answer the question about the haptic triggers - it's similar, as it reminds me when I first tired Rumble with the extra battery packs on an N64.  I was like 'woa' this is a little wierd -  and after playing for a while I needed a break - it was just so new and a little intence.

Now rumble is everywhere.  And it's wierd when it isn't there.  As it gives you feed back and more information about what is going on in the game.  It makes games better and more immersive.

Now the new feedback triggers - like rumble, but bare with me 'more intimate.'  LIke rumble you can hear, and your friends can hear - espically if you set it on a table or something, lol.  The triggers are more personal - more direct and unexpected.  Like it's information just for you and more personal. 

Remember it's on your fingers.  I think rumble feels like it effects your whole hand, but the triggers are your finger tips.  They are more sensative.  It's more subtle, but effects you more 'deeply.'  I think it's the next wave, and will be a standerd in future gens.

Rumble would be like painting a wall.  Where the triggers are like a fine detailed painting on the wall.

I guarantee some people will find it too intence and not like it - those are the people that usually stick to keyboards, have 3D TV's never have never used, and play with the sound muted.  I don't understand those people, but wish them well.

As far as the rest of the Xbox One controller, I found it very familier to the current X360 one.  I like the new textures on the sticks - reminds me of a friend's 'pro sticks' or something like that.  There is no 'wobble' in the sticks at all - which is great.

TL/DR:  I found the Feedback Triggers surprizingly intince and think most people will not want to game without them.

I felt like I had the controller in my hand throughout the description.

I like it even before I acquire it.Thanks for putting me at ease.