By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Admits To Botching Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 Video Capature (Plus AO on XB1 in Day-1 Patch)

Tagged games:

What the history here? Digital Foundry shared the video capture of Battlefield 4 on next-gen consoles yesterday but what you saw was something not like all the others sites foogate... the gama in the pictures and videos on the article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview) was somekind akward.

So after a lot of confusion and guys on the internet claming the difference, dark10x, a confirmed Eurogamer's employee on GAF explained what happened.

"The issue here is simple; Tom had a limited amount of time to capture this stuff and was not able to do so in a normal environment. If mistakes were made normally, it would be easy to go back and correct, but with the way this worked, it wasn't really possible.

Why so different? DF uses their own hardware for capturing while DICE were handing out Elgato boxes to everyone else. The DF hardware is actually much more capable but it works differently and, without the experience of working with these new consoles, I can see a situation where settings were dialed in wrong.

JackFrags used what DICE provided and probably didn't even attempt to change any settings which, in this case, turned out to be for the best."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706051

Like that is a preview yet... I expext they worked to fix these issues with the captures in the review articles to be out in the next weeks.

Another question in the forums was about the lack of AO (ambient occlusion) in the Xbone version, so I was checking my question about the Digital Foundry article in twitter (I'm the Edmárcio Santos) and faced a good news for this version.

So a Day-1 patch will fix the lack of the Xbone version.

For now the best captures of Battlefield 4 videos are the JackFrags like even Digital Foundry admitted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jackfrags

Around the Network

What does it all mean?!?!?!?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
What does it all mean?!?!?!?

Digital Foundry made a mistake and hist comparision with photos/videos didn't show the real PS4/Xbone graphics.

I also have a question regarding the tweeter feedback. Does it mean we can expect a better final product, regarding BF 4?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:
I also have a question regarding the tweeter feedback. Does it mean we can expect a better final product, regarding BF 4?

Yeah... the AO make a good difference for Xbone version... I use the DF explanaiton of the tech:

"This effect creates a gentle shaded halo around your character's hands and gun while approaching walls, adding a sense of depth to 3D objects that would otherwise appear flat." 

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:

look at the IGN video. both footage look amazing. 

so, we will never see the final xb1 (and maybe ps4) version before day 1? or will there be material with the day one patch before release? sry just saw that there are like 5 threads about this game now and don#t want to read like 1000 comments haha.

ethomaz said:
kabamarutr said:

Yeah... the AO make a good difference for Xbone version... I use the DF explanaiton of the tech:

"This effect creates a gentle shaded halo around your character's hands and gun while approaching walls, adding a sense of depth to 3D objects that would otherwise appear flat." 

OK! Thank a lot!

bananaking21 said:
kabamarutr said:

look at the IGN video. both footage look amazing. 

I don't disagree, but why not expect an even better final product? Perhaps I should have used the word "even" from the start, to avoid misinterpretations.

kabamarutr said:

I don't disagree, but why not expect an even better final product? Perhaps I should have used the word "even" from the start, to avoid misinterpretations.

Just to be clear the game is already gold... any enhencment in any version will be via Day-1 or future patch.