By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: 1080p 60 FPS Performance Not Capable Of Matching PS4 Hardware

Tagged games:

Supposedly 1080p on the XB1 will not be of the same quality as 1080p on the PS4, due to better performance on the PS4. Beyond that, the consoles are still said to be very close, but how will this affect games down the road?

Oiginal Article: http://www.inquisitr.com/1007748/xbox-one-1080p-60-fps-performance-not-capable-of-matching-ps4-hardware/

What do you guys think? 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

I don't really understand.  The consoles are very close but the quality of 1080p on X1 is gonna be noticably worse?  

Omfg what is the problem, don't we have like 100 of xbox bashing PS4 glorifying threads already? I'm not even a microsoft fan but this is getting out of hands.

Just enjoy your console of choice, you're not swaying any xbox fans by these threads. They are getting xbox for exclusives and because their friends are getting one as well.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Hmm another thread about the resolution of each console. I don't mind it either way.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I don't really understand.  The consoles are very close but the quality of 1080p on X1 is gonna be noticably worse?  

I'm guessing it means that the XB1 will have to sacrifice a little bit more than PS4 to achieve native 1080p, so 1080p games will look a little bit worse running on the system.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Did you miss the 40 last threads about the Xbox One vs PS4 resolution and power and blah blah blah?
Really feel the need to create a new one?

Imaginedvl said:
Did you miss the 40 last threads about the Xbox One vs PS4 resolution and power and blah blah blah?
Really feel the need to create a new one?

I missed them.  I'm atleast one person who was unaware.

I see more tears as the xbone get released... I like these threads.. i also like how the reported truth is called "bashing" lol

Actually I notice a difference in image quality from my PS3 to my 360 when watching movies. The PS3 displays a crispier image than the 360 even when both have the same resolution. I'm talking about movies of course, as well as netflix. I don't know what it is but the PS3 just displays crispier, brighter, sharper image.

Anybody else with a PS3 and 360 notice this? Because they are both hooked up to the same TV, but maybe the 360's HDMI cable isn't as good.

A_C_E said:
Actually I notice a difference in image quality from my PS3 to my 360 when watching movies. The PS3 displays a crispier image than the 360 even when both have the same resolution. I'm talking about movies of course, as well as netflix. I don't know what it is but the PS3 just displays crispier, brighter, sharper image.

Anybody else with a PS3 and 360 notice this? Because they are both hooked up to the same TV, but maybe the 360's HDMI cable isn't as good.

Could be your settings on your PS3 and 360.  It also might be your data transfer rate.  If you're running one wired and the other wireless, Netflix might not be running in 1080p.

Otherwise there shouldn't be any difference when running an app like Netflix between the PS360.