By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 on a 4K TV

Tagged games:

Here’s How the Xbox One and Forza 5 Look Played on The Gigantic World’s First 84 Inches 4K TV

by Giuseppe Nelva Oct 24th 2013 8:29AM 44

Do you want to see how the Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5 look like while played on the world’s first 84 Inches 4K TV? You’re in luck, as LG hooked one of Microsoft’s new consoles to one of its gigantic 84LM9600 displays at the Geek’s Live show, currently happening in Paris.

Below you can see eight pictures from the event, giving you a glimpse on what it would be like to play your next generation games on a TV that would cost you almost as much as 19 Xbox One units (the current pricetag is : $9,349.00). Pretty spiffy, isn’t it?

I’ll be able to afford something like that before 2053, I’m sure…

The Pictures displayed in the gallery above are courtesy of Le Journal du GeekLG_France「MkFlight~」JulianAmine Cherrered, and La Marz.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/24/this-is-how-the-xbox-one-and-forza-5-look-played-on-the-gigantic-worlds-first-84-inches-4k-tv/

Note: This is upscaled from 1080P/60 not running natively at 4K.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Ou la la!!! Mais oui. That looks very nice.

Oh man if only that whole setup was in my bedroom though =0

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

i really hate the term 4k....why did they have to switch the formatted numbers.

Unless a legit reason exists, and someone can educate me.

Acevil said:

Because it sounds cooler than 4000p?

Around the Network
Acevil said:

What I read once but it was awhile ago so I might be off but apparently 4k is the resolution that movies have always been filmed in and it was only a matter of time before TVs would be made with that resolution. Now what sony is doing with the 8k tv i have no idea because nothing has ever supported that resolution before but that's another topic.

Edit. My bad It's Sharp that are experimenting with 8k tvs not sony.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Acevil said:

4K denotes the horizontal resolution, roughly four thousand pixels.

4k is marketing bollocks to make it sound even better than 1080 than it already is. They should have just called it 2k and stuck with the vertical pixel count that's always been used before.

Acevil said:

As JoeTheBro pointed out, 4K is an actual format term and it refers to the Ultra High Definition Television (UHDT) standard.  Usually it is 3840 pixels × 2160 lines so each image is 8.3 megapixels. It has been the best in digital cinema, the RED Digital Cameras and what the film James Cameron's Avatar was rendered.  It can be summed up as 4 times the information as 1080P.

Like 720P and 1080p means something - the number of virtual scan lines.  But since some movies are wider than others - you might get a film that is formatted to 1080P, but you will miss some from the top and bottom because the film is wider than the 16:9 ratio.  So you might watch a 1080P movie, but it's really just a 1920 by 920 with black bars at the top and bottom. 

Some would stay that the vertical changes are a little deceptive, so for the newer formats they are switching to a horizontal resolution measure.  It switch when we go from 1080p to 2K, but 2K is such a tiny differance the industry is going to skip it and go to 4K.  Now the vertical will still change - as some films are shot more square and others in a longer rectangle.

Here is a size comparison of the differences:

4K is four times the resolution of 1080P - it is twice as tall and twice as wide.  I personally have a beautiful 52" 1080P TV (132 cm), but I do often see the pixels.  I could have as large as 104" TV (264cm) at 4K before I saw the same size pixels at the same distance.  So an 80" TV would look so beautiful.   I don't think you would see a huge difference on a TV smaller than on in the mid 30"s.

Also, a 4K passive 3D TV can make a true 3D 1080P display.  Passive 3D uses light weight inexpensive glasses and handle higher frame rates and process smoothing better than active shutter (the other major 3D TV system.)  I think it give a far superior picture to active shutter.

The next format after that will be 8K but at 33.2 megapixels a frame, it will be a bit before that is easily streamable - or has a disk format that could play it. Plus we need a new video cable standard before TV's can support it.

Do we really NEED 4K?  No, but I think any TV over 40" really should be 4K.  And I'm spoiled now, so I don't like looking at TV's smaller than 40". (Good golly, that makes me sound like a size queen.)

Here is a really cruel prank they played with a 4K TV:

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

BOLLOCKS said:
Acevil said:

Because it sounds cooler than 4000p?

But 4k is 2304p...