By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Knack PS4 PS Vita Remote Play Gameplay

Tagged games:

http://youtu.be/uQkOklRLtz4

Around the Network

looks snappy as fuck. :P

How do you do all the buttons though?! Will you have to tap on the screen for L1/R1 and use the bumpers as triggers? Or will games have to offer alternate control schemes for Remote Play mode?

nightsurge said:
How do you do all the buttons though?! Will you have to tap on the screen for L1/R1 and use the bumpers as triggers? Or will games have to offer alternate control schemes for Remote Play mode?

i played metal gear on vita.  the back touch basically becomes the triggers.  the back touch is multi-touch and easily splits left/right.    i imagine the front touch will be DS4's touch pad.   ...which means the only thing not accounted for is the clickable analogs.

works well enough when i played it in metal gear.  the hardest part is actually to not touch the back touchscreen when you don't intend to.

nightsurge said:

You can use the Vita touchpad for everything... even to simulate the L2/R2.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
nightsurge said:

i played metal gear on vita.  the back touch basically becomes the triggers.  the back touch is multi-touch and easily splits left/right.    i imagine the front touch will be DS4's touch pad.   ...which means the only thing not accounted for is the clickable analogs.

works well enough when i played it in metal gear.  the hardest part is actually to not touch the back touchscreen when you don't intend to.

Sounds cumbersome. Wonder why Sony didn't include clickable analog sticks. Is it simply because of less moving parts?

For me, I almost never accidentally touch the back touchpad. I grip it so my fingers curl inward on the back.

kitler53 said:
nightsurge said:

That's why I love the plastic grips I bought.  They keep my fingers off the touchpad.

Knack on the Vita looks awesome.  That is one feature I will definitely use.

TheKoreanGuy said:
kitler53 said:
nightsurge said:

Sounds cumbersome. Wonder why Sony didn't include clickable analog sticks. Is it simply because of less moving parts?

For me, I almost never accidentally touch the back touchpad. I grip it so my fingers curl inward on the back.

it's not as comfortable as the DS but it is perfectly functional. 

Using a touch pad for button/trigger controls sounds awful. But I suppose I can't knock it till I try it.

nightsurge said:
Using a touch pad for button/trigger controls sounds awful. But I suppose I can't knock it till I try it.

I doubt it will be perfect for all games, but something like Knack i imagine to be perfectly fine, im sure the 4 face buttons and 2 shoulder buttons would be more than enough for a game like knack.