By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ways to level up in Pokemon Y?

Tagged games:

I am already 6 badges in the game and after I beat the game I plan to start level up my team to level 100!  So to anyone who already beat the game, what is the best way to level up?

I heard that Audino was a good source of EXP on past games but in this game the only Audino I found is on route 6 and it's level 10...

Is there a quick way to level up in this game? Or should I stick with doing the elite four over and over again?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Go to the restaurants in Lumiose, or the Battle Chateau.

Battle Chateau + exp. share= mega leveling

arcane_chaos said:

I thought the battle chateau was for grinding money! To be honest I only entered once... xD. What is exactly the battle chateau? Do trainers there get better Pokemon as you level up?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Go hardcore, go to route 1 and start killing bunnies.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Max affection through Pokemon Aime + Lucky Egg + Exp O Part (can use on yourself eventually).

Go to Victory Road, use honey or sweet scent to induce horde battles against Floatzel. One-shot them with earthquake and you'll get an Exp bonus for KOing all 5 at once.

Max Exp will ensue.

Anfebious said:
arcane_chaos said:

I thought the battle chateau was for grinding money! To be honest I only entered once... xD. What is exactly the battle chateau? Do trainers there get better Pokemon as you level up?

it's actually for both, the more you battle the stronger the trainers become and the more money you, I'm at the rank of duke

you start a Baron(or Baroness if female) then Vscount, Marquis and then Duke(don't know what's after Duke since that's where i am) the trainers pokemon are usually 45-50...you even get to battle gym leaders! and the higher the rank is of the trainer the more money the give; I get like 8,000-12,000 a battle, always send out a golden writ followed by a writ of challenge(or vice versa)

and another tip; max out your friendship with pokemon via poke-aime; once you pokemon reach affection lvl 3 they will get boosted exp

osed125 said:

Go hardcore, go to route 1 and start killing bunnies.

Now THAT would be some harcore shit xD. It's too much for me, I need a pussy way to lvl up!

To be honest I am not that much into competitive Pokemon. It's more like a quest for vengeance. to beat an old rival...

the_dengle said:
Max affection through Pokemon Aime + Lucky Egg + Exp O Part (can use on yourself eventually).

Go to Victory Road, use honey or sweet scent to induce horde battles against Floatzel. One-shot them with earthquake and you'll get an Exp bonus for KOing all 5 at once.

Max Exp will ensue.

This one sounds pretty nice, What is that Exp O Part?

Anyway this looks like a nice way to level up fast. I also have a question... do the EXP bonus count toward EXP share?

Anfebious said:
the_dengle said:

Max Exp will ensue.

This one sounds pretty nice, What is that Exp O Part?

Anyway this looks like a nice way to level up fast. I also have a question... do the EXP bonus count toward EXP share?

Have you messed around with O Parts yet?

Some of the Exp bonuses will apply to Exp share and some won't. Lucky Egg will only apply to the 'mon holding it. The Pokemon Aime bonus will only apply to 'mons with max affection. But O Parts and the horde bonuses will work with Exp Share.