By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN BeNeLux: "x360 is the most popular console of 2013"

Tagged games:

In an article posted by the dutch version of IGN they write about the xbox360 being the most popular console of 2013. 

here is the link, it's in dutch though: http://nl.ign.com/news/6383/xbox-360-populairste-console-van-2013

In the article they not only state that the 360 is the most popular console of 2013,
they also say that it outsold the wii and ps3... (am I missing something here?)
They say the 360 sold 8.2million units in the last 3 months... (what?) Sony sold did 6.2million hardware units and nintendo 5.6million.
No mention of the 3DS, which is in my opinion the most popular console of 2013

Am I missing something here or are they talking out of their ass? I think it's the latter

Around the Network

They were probably high when they wrote that, just ignore it.

Just very stupid research. That Geekwire chart is from christmas quarter 2011, those are the shipments of all consoles then.

How they have failed to read the chart is beyond me. Sloppy gaming journalism, what's new.

DamnTastic said:

In an article posted by the dutch version of IGN they write about the xbox360 being the most popular console of 2013. 

here is the link, it's in dutch though: http://nl.ign.com/news/6383/xbox-360-populairste-console-van-2013

In the article they not only state that the 360 is the most popular console of 2013,
they also say that it outsold the wii and ps3... (am I missing something here?)
They say the 360 sold 8.2million units in the last 3 months... (what?) Sony sold did 6.2million hardware units and nintendo 5.6million.
No mention of the 3DS, which is in my opinion the most popular console of 2013

Am I missing something here or are they talking out of their ass? I think it's the latter

PS3 has been outselling the 360 on every gaming store/website there is in Belgium/Netherlands where i mostly shop. So this simply can't be correct.

This is some weird shit lmfao

The author of the article is using this 2 year old graph

Around the Network

o yeah no doub it about meanwhile the numbers say the opposite XD

bubblegamer said:

PS3 has been outselling the 360 on every gaming store/website there is in Belgium/Netherlands where i mostly shop. So this simply can't be correct.

That's what I thought.
I think it's strange auters can just post on nl.ign without someone even checking it if there is some truth in it

Well, from where im standing, and its a close view of the netherlands, PS3 sold alot more this year. In previous years it wasnt always like this, but this year theres no doubt. In terms of software, things are even. 360 did have front view and still has, but i dont think its for long.
I can tell you that my local games store had about 20 copies of X360 GTA5 unsold while PS3 versions were gone at launch day.

Fails to mention that PS3 outsold the Xbox in USA in September? Also i dont really know what he means... translate fail :)

Google Translate says:
------

That the Xbox 360 is immensely popular was already known, but recent figures from market research from September also turns out that the most popular Xbox 360 console this year. This has the sales of both the PS3 and the Wii outdated and the company seems ready to redeem his promise. Microsoft promised to be the last E3.'s Number one console

The Xbox 360 was yet another sales spurt in September after the release of Grand Theft Auto V. The game itself provided almost half of sales in the entire software sales that month in America.

In the last three months but less than Microsoft sold 8.2 million Xbox 360s worldwide. Sony's console sales also increased by as much as 6.5 million consoles compared to the previous Christmas, while Nintendo this year significantly behind with a 'lean' 5.6 million consoles sold. In terms of overall sales is the Xbox 360 still behind on the Wii with a Wii's 29 million more sold.

Microsoft currently has more than 80 million Xbox 360 consoles sold worldwide to retailers, or companies that continue to sell the consoles again. The new Xbox console, Xbox One, will appear on 22 November, while we have to wait until 2014 in the Benelux.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

that's what happens when weed is legal or depenalized lol