By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5: A Hardcore Perspective. "Those triggers... Oh Man those triggers!"

Tagged games:

I'm the only to think weird a hardcore Forza fan talk about triggers when he definitive will play the game with wheel?

I see the innovation in triggers feedback and all but it is not for a hardcore Forza fan that uses a wheel with years ahead in terms of gameplay and feedback.

I will wait some games to use these triggers feedback that really needs them.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

Yes you are... quite clearly the option didnt exist for him to use a wheel yet  Im sure he will return to review with a wheel when he can.  He just wanted to give his opinion of the triggers and the game thus far.

Of course a wheel is better!  I would have thought the point was that this is a good half way house in terms of feedback that no other traditonal controller can match with a driving game.

I knew you'd be smarting at this. lol.

DEFINITIVE....  and also fun... see the Forza Top gear thread I just posted?

I'm not blaming him... I liked his impressions... I just found that awkward... and I'm pretty sure he won't use controller in Forza like he always used wheel in the others articles.

Bold: why did you brought GT5 to the discussion?

I have also had a go on Forza 5 and I found it very interesting. It doesnt quite know its place, as in its not as ultra realistic as Gran Turismo but its not arcade like NFS. However it seems to work very nicely but I feel as if the annual releases have hurt Forza's innovation but even so its definitely a decent game but ill be picking up my free copy of Driveclub even so

Man from what media are saying,

Xbox One is a must from a gamers perspective. Best controller, Amazing launch exclusives and Man those triggers.

But yeah, Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 all getting awesome praise.

I cant wait to experience the innovation of those triggers. Sounds amazing.

I have one pet peeve with gamers who call Forza (after 3) arcade. Guys. Turn all the assists off. THEN come to talk to me. Seriously. That was Turn 10's goal. When the assists are on, the race is arcade like for the casual gamer. That is the bridge. When the assists are off, it's a whole new world. (SING IT WITH ME NOW. A WHOLE NEWWWWWW WORLDDDDD)

Do NOT mention Forza is arcade. If you are casual, leave the assists on. If you are a hardcore racer, turn the assists off. Only then will you realize your mistake in calling Forza arcade. It is a simulation racer at heart that offers arcade for the lesser inclined racers.

Around the Network
Drakester said:
I have also had a go on Forza 5 and I found it very interesting. It doesnt quite know its place, as in its not as ultra realistic as Gran Turismo but its not arcade like NFS. However it seems to work very nicely but I feel as if the annual releases have hurt Forza's innovation but even so its definitely a decent game but ill be picking up my free copy of Driveclub even so

Yeah, dat annual...

1 Games
1.1 Main series (2005-present)
1.1.1 Forza Motorsport (2005)
1.1.2 Forza Motorsport 2 (2007)
1.1.3 Forza Motorsport 3 (2009)
1.1.4 Forza Motorsport 4 (2011)
1.1.5 Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)

Yeah, that's cool, but...

...but where's Project Gotham Racing 5?

Wright said:

They changed its name. Its called drive club now :) 

A large number of Bizzare Creations staff (guys who developed PGR) are now with Playground Games (the developer of Forza Horizon). Forza Horizon 2 is in development as of June. Should be out a year from now. Octoberish as to steer clear of Halo 5.

kowenicki said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Wright said:

They changed its name. Its called drive club now :) 

hardly...

Maybe you should look into whos staffed on drive club. Youre going to be surprised when drive club out performs froza.  And gt walks all over it like it always does. Difinitve.