By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond reviews

Tagged games:

Just a question. Anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

Very curious to see how it reviews. Think the reviews will make or break Beyond, sales wise. A lot of ppl doubting it currently.

Around the Network

Don't know, but people rely too heavily on reviews these days.

Some of my favorite movies and games have average or mediocre review ratings, and some of the highest rated stuff I find to be total crap.

Whatever happened to just giving things a chance if they look interesting/appealing to YOU?

The embargo is lifted on the day of release. So October 8th.

I think this game is going to get mauled by reviewers, gameplay looks rough

melbye said:
I think this game is going to get mauled by reviewers, gameplay looks rough

Demo played excellently 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Release day is the embargo? That sucks. A mistake imo. I think bc many ppl are unsure about Beyond, the reviews were really what were needed to give it a sales push before launch. I think first week sales will not be that great first week bc of this (3-400k?). Hope I'm wrong!

I'm really excited for Beyond, but even I wanted to make sure some of the previews I read were just doubting for nothing. Will be waiting to make my purchase decision until reviews pour in.

Angelus said:
Don't know, but people rely too heavily on reviews these days.

Some of my favorite movies and games have average or mediocre review ratings, and some of the highest rated stuff I find to be total crap.

Whatever happened to just giving things a chance if they look interesting/appealing to YOU?

Money happened?  I mean, I wish I could try every game that came out, but I have enough money for maybe one or two games a month, assuming I buy them new.So, I need some outside info to tell me if a game is worth it.

Problem is people use reviews the wrong way.  Instead of reading an entire review to get information about a game, they skip to the bottom to see the number which is meaningless out of context.

I hope they aren't....beyond terrible.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

@Areym
Idt the reviews will be beyond terrible. I do bet, however, that there will be at least two reviews that make fanboys curse the reviewers' very souls.

IGN's review will be up at 8oct.
So I'll guess the embargo lifts with the NA release?