By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldro's plays Beyond: Two Souls Demo

Tagged games:

I WANTED TO MAKE A THWEAD

Beyond: Two Souls, My demo thoughts as I went through it (parts are the child Jodie and escape from cops on train and it carries on for some while) =>

My god, her face is in the menu like Kratos in God of War xD.

Amazing character model and MY GOD THE MUSIC is absolutely amazing.

WTF, the game has black bars above and below. I guess its to present the game as a movie haha. Not sure how I feel about this, it certainly feels a bit odd.

The gameplay with you guiding the actions Jodie does with the analouge is pretty nice. I hope they can convey the right movements throughout the game otherwise I can see it becoming an issue but the demo did a great job on it.

Graphically its phenomenal, the areas might be lacking a bit in my opinion although it differs from area to area so I guess a tad incosistent maybe. I thought the first demo area with kid Jodie and the lab was not as well.. good looking as the parts with adult Jodie and that escape in the rain stuff but the character models are neat and not just Jodie: but the cops too. The animations are well made however I feel that they don't really feel entirely as well made as say.. Naughty Dogs games. I know ND makes their facial animations by hand and I have no idea if QD does it but they feel a bit ''creepy'' I guess? I dunno, its hard to describe haha. The body also feels a bit disjointed with the face at times and this was in Heavy Rain too. Nothing major really since most of the important parts are presented through cutscenes but during gameplay its a bit odd.

I like how you can impact the story in small regards. Did one playthrough where I made it far and initially was an ass as Aiden. Made a kid Jodie bleed from her nose and everyone freaked out. I also completed the chase rather properly.

The second one, I was more calm as Aiden and I got busted as Jodie which led to an entire different section of gameplay that later on went back to the same road where I eventually got caught again and that gave me ANOTHER gameplay that eventually led me back and lastly I decided to not help Jodie as Aiden when she rushes against the cops in a motorcycle and they caught me again which led to ANOTHER gameplay section :D. I just thought the demo would end early but nope! Awesome stuff. The ending serves the same purpose but its told differently basically. And if its anything like HR => There will be those moments towards the end where if you mess up: She might probably die or something bad happens.

Ill never forget how missing one button in Heavy Rain kinda screwed one of my characters haha. It really keeps you on the edge of your seat and it has a feeling of danger since you really dont want to reload a save or anything because it breaks the immersion and its also not YOUR "true" story :P

Aiden was a bit difficult to control I felt. The camera feels too close (from a FOV standpoint) and its a bit sluggish but I think you just have to get used to it. It was much easier the second time so I don't think its an issue really.

But yeah I like it. The biggest complaint I can give is that its kind of a "movie" / a game that is rather on rails with some user input but if its well done and tells a great story: I don't mind that a bit. I love the fact that games are so varied nowadays and I truly enjoyed Heavy Rain so I have little doubts I wont enjoy this one.

But ultimately: it comes down to the story for me. I dont fear that they wont tell it well I just hope what they tell is rather awesome ^^

Really has potential and I hope for the best come launch :)

Around the Network

Hyped for this game. I love QD's games.

The demo is up this week?!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Yeah the-pi-guy, thats how.

Added some more text on my second playthrough! xD

Of course the music is Epic, it's Hans Zimmer ;)

Around the Network

Will check the demo out. I believe it hits psn store on october 1st.

I like these unique games definitely excited for this game.

Seriously impressive graphics

Hopefully I'll download it tomorrow.

NobleTeam360 said:
Hopefully I'll download it tomorrow.

Do eeet