By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls cost $27 million to develop, report suggests

Tagged games:

so how will this end up? 40$ mil? or is this to much/less for the marketing?

Around the Network

yes yes

Loved Heavy Rain will pick this game up

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

They probably have spend a huge chunk of that $27 million over Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.

spurgeonryan said:
So 500,000 in sales should just about break them even and a million in sales would be a success.

I got 900k units just to break even.  They don't get the full $60 from every game, they only get about $30ish.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Really? I didnt know the games from them go down as that low upon release?

No, he means that the full $60 from a sale won't go to the publisher/developer.  Costs like distribution; returns & packaging factor into that $60.

BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I got 900k units just to break even.  They don't get the full $60 from every game, they only get about $30ish.

Really? I didnt know the games from them go down as that low upon release?

I believe he meant publishers fee and platform royality from the 60$

CGI-Quality said:
KylieDog said:
CGI-Quality said:
Read this last week. Simple amount of money to make up (of course, this is pre-marketing and such).

Knowing Sony, the bill isn't going to get any bigger.

I..I don't know about that. They've gotten better about their big releases, of late.

Heavy Rain got a budget of 40 mill euros with the development costing them only 16.7 mill euros according to wiki

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I hope that this game will profit atleast given the fact that it's a game near the end of this generation.

Won't make much profit.

$27 mill + marketing means at least $35 million.

If each copy gives $30 it needs to sell 1.2 mill at full price just to break even. But average selling price for lifetime sales will be much lower than $60, so in practice it will need to sell 1.5 mill just to break even. 2 million would give a decent profit but is hard to reach this late in a generation.