By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 4: Return teaser trailer (Along with release date info)

I really need to get back into this series, I played 1 then 2 right after and beat it, I got a little bit into 3, but I had to stop because I was burned out on the series.  I should dive back into 3 soon.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I really need to get back into this series, I played 1 then 2 right after and beat it, I got a little bit into 3, but I had to stop because I was burned out on the series.  I should dive back into 3 soon.

Disgaea isnt really a series you should play straight through game by game.

I have like 300+ hours on my Disgaea 1 save file on the PS2 on its own.

:p

I wanna get DD2 *_* cause I was kinda disappointed with D2.

Really?  I liked 2 way more than 1, especially the characters.  

BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Really?  I liked 2 way more than 1, especially the characters.  

:P

I didnt like the characters and the storyline in D2 lol.

Laharl and Etna are an awesome combo but they felt dumbed down in D2 imo.

Ya from what I hear most people like the first one over the second.  Let me ask you how are the characters in 3 and 4?

BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Ya from what I hear most people like the first one over the second.  Let me ask you how are the characters in 3 and 4?

No idea, never played 3 and 4.

Waiting to get a Vita/Vita TV to get them XD.

Lol they have been sitting on my shelf for weeks waiting to be played, only got them so early because I got each for $20.  Whenever I see a good game for cheap I have to get it even if I won't play it for months...reason my backlog is huge.

BasilZero said:

I know that feel bro.

I bought Tales of Symphonia for GCN back in 2008 for $20 and only just finished it about a hour or so ago lol.

But Disgaea 3/4 I knew would come out on Vita which I waited. Now I hope D3 works on the Vita TV cause from the Japanese list....D3 wasnt listed >.>.

Lol so I take it your not gonna get the Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack then?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I will.

I just probably wont play it as soon as i buy it lol.

Ironically...I started ToS and was like 15 hours into the game when ToS HD Collection was announced ~.~.

Didnt matter though - would of been a waste if I didnt play this version since I bought it with the intention to play it (and I dont plan to sell my games).

Anyways, I recently gotten Ni No Kuni and Tales of Graces F in the last two months so gotta play those first along with Star Ocean The Last Hope International (which I got as my first PS3 game 3 weeks before I bought a PS3).

I was gonna play Star Ocean but after testing out Ni No Kuni - I decided to get into Ni No Kuni, it got me - dem feelings in the beginning of the game n_n.

(I bought Star Ocean for PS3 in 2011....its been 2 years....O..M..G...I can see it being the next ToS for me LOL).

Edit: Btw I gave ToS for GCN a 88 out of 100!

Its actually good you played the GC version because the Unisonant Pack is gonna have a HD version of the PS2 version and I heard its inferior to the GC version.  Idk the details but I heard it has some problems, I remember when I read it though it wasn't anything big that was gonna stop me from getting it since I've never played ToS.  I beat Ni No Kuni a few months ago and its amazing, it was one of those games for me that I couldn't stop playing it, one of the best JRPGs of this gen for me.  

BasilZero said:

Just checked the differences between the two versions and honestly it wont bother me at all but I do like the new additions that the PS2 ver had over the GCN ver plus the PS3 collection will have the sequel which I orginally was planning to go and get/play on Wii but now NOPE :D)

(I'll eventually play the GCN version again for recording purposes though - I plan to do that with Abyss, Legendia, Eternia and Phantasia sometime soon as well).

Cant wait to start on Ni No Kuni :) - although I'm gonna take a little detour from playing RPGs and play a platformer on the Wii otherwise I'll burn myself out lol.

How is Tales of Legendia?  I'm a little hesitant to buy that and Tales of the World RM on PSP because I heard they are not as good as the other games.  Its funny because I'm taking a break from RPGs and playing Rayman Origins lol, saw it for $15 and well...you can guess what happened.

Yep ill buy it :)

Do you need to play the other Disgaea games in order to know what's going on?

MDMAlliance said:
Do you need to play the other Disgaea games in order to know what's going on?

The Disgaea games are like the Tales of or FF games, every new numbered entry starts off with new characters, but I think they are all in the same world, unlike those other games.  Like the characters from the past games might make an appearance, but its nothing major.  This is all assumptions because I've only beat the first 2 and only a little bit into the 3rd.