By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess might get HD remakes if some other studio does it

Tagged games:

Would you get a HD remake of Skyward Sword and/or Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess HD 55 43.65%

Skyward Sword HD 16 12.70%

Both 55 43.65%

Total:126

wasn't skyward sword coming out for wii-u?

I Swear it was... maybe I was hallucinating.

Around the Network

Any excuse to play Twilight Princess again lol.

Both, please - and just for the record, I still think it was a mistake not to develop Skyward Sword as a Wii U launch game.

BasilZero said:
ishiki said:
wasn't skyward sword coming out for wii-u?

I Swear it was... maybe I was hallucinating.

No.

It was released for the Wii back in 2011.

I know that, I own it and play it on dolphin. Maybe it was people saying they thought it should or would like ^

Neither i want a brand new LOZ game on the Wii U :D Anyways both of those games don't look bad by any means, if anything give us a Majora's Mask remake since its counter part did on the 3DS and its graphics style would benefit the most.

Around the Network

It would be cool if they did both and sold them together. Otherwise I doubt I would buy them.

painmaster212 said:
Neither i want a brand new LOZ game on the Wii U :D Anyways both of those games don't look bad by any means, if anything give us a Majora's Mask remake since its counter part did on the 3DS and its graphics style would benefit the most.

Didn't you read?  Aonuma is the guy who makes Zelda games.  He doens't want to do them cause he wants to make a NEW game.

Thus the different studio doing them.  I see no downside to paying some random team to HD these games up.  They would make money easy.  The games might only sell a million each, but still that's plenty profit for a quick HD remake.  It wouldn't take much to HD these games unlike Wind Waker.

Personally though, I want a HD Xenoblade Chronicles before anymore HD zeldas.

If they eliminate the wolf I'd chose twilight princess. Skyward Sword was fun too. But seriously, no. we don't need these remade. The Wind Waker HD is better than them.. why spoil it by churning out HD remakes of lesser games.

He then went on to say Wii U owners might get a decent flow of quality software and new IPs if some other studios do it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So excited for a TP HD. Based on the GC versión, improvements of WWHD (map, inventory, all hud in the gamepad), hero mode from the start and by the love of god, much better textures.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile