By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone: Shadow Fall features no XP progression in multiplayer

Tagged games:

I hope this doesn't translate in ridiculous trophies people will grind for.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

I can see the critics complaining already.

"There was nothing to unlock so why bother playing?"

They said they'll probably bring the Jetpacks and stuff as DLC. I think they are trying something new and get people to earn things. Problem with most shooters is people want to play in a pick up and play manner.

XP progression is what keeps me away from most MP games.

So whats the point of having unlocks behind the challenges when all everyone is going to is create a custom gamemode to farm the challenges

Around the Network

Im afraid they commited CRITICIDE!
jkg,Love the decision sick of every shooter having perks,progression,unlockables,micro-***********s...

Azerth said:
So whats the point of having unlocks behind the challenges when all everyone is going to is create a custom gamemode to farm the challenges

Some of the challenges are really complex and require almost luck to happen. Plus you won't be communicating to the other team so they won't know what challenge you are on. It would be a big hassle to get it to work, and probably not worth the time. Also there is no FFA mode.

Whitefire said:
Azerth said:

Some of the challenges are really complex and require almost luck to happen. Plus you won't be communicating to the other team so they won't know what challenge you are on. It would be a big hassle to get it to work, and probably not worth the time. Also there is no FFA mode.

Yeah but whats stoping people from making a gamemode labled with the challenge name, and wouldnt joining with the max number of players get around all that.  Also if they require luck wouldnt that mean that some items will be locked away from most players giving some an unfair advantage?  Also why isnt there a ffa mode isnt that like the most basic game mode of every multi shooter

good. i don't know how this will translate but its good they are trying something different and new

I've been thinking about this a bit. Personally, I do like unlocking things, but it really is a deterrent to new players. Not only do they get waxed for the normal reasons, such as not knowing maps as well, but the players who have been playing longer also have a distinct tangible advantage. Their characters are simply superior. There really is no reason to start players out with such a disadvantage.

Besides, it's not like it takes that long to unlock everything. This system sounds like it will encourage players to do more than just run deathmatch after deathmatch.