By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5 score on Metacritic?

Tagged games:

What will GTA V score will be in Metacritic?

100 8 10.53%

99 13 17.11%

98 12 15.79%

97 8 10.53%

96 12 15.79%

85+ 10 13.16%

85- 4 5.26%

GTA SUCKS 5 6.58%

I don't care I like Barbie games 1 1.32%

See the results 3 3.95%

Total:76

What do you think the score is going to be? GTA IV got a 98 on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Is GTA V going to get a 99 on metacritic?

What do you think? Also is there a review embargo? When are the reviews coming in?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Over 95, probably closer to what GTA IV did so around 97-98. Still, with a GTA game I won't give much credit to reviews.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Over 95, 98 will provide difficult.

But to be quite honest: It's GTA and with GTAIV getting 98 when a lot of fans consider it to be not worthy of that => I can see GTAV getting 98 because.. chances are even the fans might agree on that this time around XD

So yeah, might be going on a limb here but I have to say 98. Since it isnt an exclusive: it might avoid those *random* "4/10" reviews that have recently sprung up. Otherwise probably 96-97 at the very least 95. Anything below would be a real surprise considering Infinite got 94 and TLOU 95.

At least 95 I believe. But this time it will deserve it.

GTA IV in my opinion was the worst in the series and got a 98... But it seems like GTA V is more like San Andreas which is considered by fans as the best GTA game! I think we can see a 99 unless quarter to three goes ahead an award it 2 Stars...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

GTA IV is extremely oversocred. and I have no doubts that GTA V is better than IV.. so in a logical world it has to be higher, but I repeat. GTA IV wasn't all that good

min: 97

lol at those who voted -85, I think I know who they are.

in terms of logic it should be 105%

the city is as big as gta4 but the map seems to be 8x bigger,there is much more content(golf,diving etc)
better graphics,better online etc.It must get a better score than gta4(though i am very dissapointed that there is just one city)

but i think the score will be 96%.At a certain level people expect way too much and especially reviewers are looking thanway to much to find complaints than to respect what they get
and a new gen is coming.Short Before a new gen release the rating average drops as reviewers need to create room for new gen ratings.Knowing that a ps4/xbox1 version of gta5 has to get a 2-3% better rating because of superior graphics and better controls(new pads) gta5 should not reach more than 96%-except it is really really great (mario64/kotor/zelda64-style)

Arfen said:
GTA IV is extremely oversocred. and I have no doubts that GTA V is better than IV.. so in a logical world it has to be higher, but I repeat. GTA IV wasn't all that good

Yeah in fact GTA IV was horrible... It is weird how it got a 98 when the game was so bad compared to the rest :/