By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers shrug at Nintendo 2DS console

Tagged games:

Are you getting a 2DS?

Yes 43 31.16%

No 95 68.84%

Total:138

Other than it looking "tacky" I think its a good idea. I even pre ordered one myself

Around the Network

Can't wait for the follow-up article in a few months about how much money Nintendo is making off this thing.

Words cannot express how horrifying it is to see a major news outlet like CNN quoting Neogaf members as though they're the authority on the situation.

The only real problem I see here is the naming confusion. Hope that doesn't hurt the console on the long run. Other than that, it's a great idea for kids. Not having a mechanical hinge makes the system more durable, that's common sense.

LOL, this is almost like 3DS is doom (2 years ago).

3DS owners dont need this(unless they want one like myself)

This thing will sell like crazy, people need to stop thinking nintendo wants everyone to upgrade to a 2DS. Its meant for kids and people that dont care for 3D (also on a tight budget).

You need to see rants on youtube, people actually think 2DS wont sell.

Wait intill holiday comes, $99 sounds pretty good black friday right?

gamers will shrug at anything really. remember riggie's meh comments? im sure those with a limited budget arent shrugging at all. neither are those parents who dont have tons of money to get their kids a nice gift

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
gamers will shrug at anything really. remember riggie's meh comments? im sure those with a limited budget arent shrugging at all. neither are those parents who dont have tons of money to get their kids a nice gift

when reggie did that i was pissed. 3DS is doing well, but they are in no position to talk. The thing is, its one man and he made Nintendo as a whole look bad imo. That said Sony takes jabs all the time, more toward M$ but still. Wateves i guess. 2DS FTW, i actually feel bad for vita, i mean really bad. 3DS are already 27mil sales higher and pokemon coming up (MH4 for japan) was going to make the difference worse but with 2DS its just Done!

Gamers should shrug at it. Gamers should already own a 3DS.

This thing is going to sell so much, pretty sure it will make some big waves.

The games still cost 30-40, so if they designed this to take back some of the handheld market from tablets and the such, than they may sell an ok amount of these but not sell a ton of games since anyone with a tablet or iphone already knows that games are free or a couple dollars. So hardware ok, software sales related to new purchases low.

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:

when reggie did that i was pissed. 3DS is doing well, but they are in no position to talk. The thing is, its one man and he made Nintendo as a whole look bad imo. That said Sony takes jabs all the time, more toward M$ but still. Wateves i guess. 2DS FTW, i actually feel bad for vita, i mean really bad. 3DS are already 27mil sales higher and pokemon coming up (MH4 for japan) was going to make the difference worse but with 2DS its just Done!

nintendo is in a position to talk. after that ouya ad everybody is in a position to talk