By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 preorders at least 5:1 (maybe higher) of xbox one...

Tagged games:

At my Target... I know, I know anecdotal evidence but hold your horses there is some relevant information here as well.

First let me tell you how I know my preorders. Today I was talking with a co-working asking if he preorder the Ps4 and he did (online same as I did). We then discussed how crappy it was that Target doesn't ship the system until the day of launch so we won't get it until the 27th at least. We then thought it was a good idea to just preorder at the store. So when I clocked out I went to electronics department and this is what happened.

I asked the guy in electronics if they had started the pre-orders already. He said yes and that they already sold the 10 cards the week they started(Target does their pre-orders through a card for some reason) they had for the Ps4. So this means my Target will get 10 Ps4's at launch. He then said that the cards are an actual item in the system though and I can do an item search to check any other stores to see if they have any... I did... out of 25 stores they were completely sold out.

He then mentioned that no one has pre-ordered that X1 yet and we received 5 of those (when I looked there were 4 so someone probably pre-ordered it today). So, I'm sure the 10:1 will dwindle away but the least it will get down to is 2:1 at my store since that's what we will have to sell. I then did an item search for the X1 pre-orders. 1 store had 13 in stock another had 7... Now, I can't tell you what they started with just how many they had left. Most of the other stores had some type of stock (all less then 7 though) and only a handful had 0... So, this stops becoming anecdotal evidence now. I can see at least 25 different store's stock in the area.

Here is another nifty piece of information. The X1 pre-orders only need 10 dollars down. The Ps4's need 25 dollars. I don't know this is but it is. Ps4 is killing it

Around the Network

I'm kinda surprised your store has double the available PS4 pre-orders than X1, I thought it would be the opposite since the X1 isn't launching in as many countries.

Cool lol

Its not too surprising to hear about big differences in certain areas.

My local store has a fairly big bias towards 360. The store in the next Town has a bias towards PS3.

I might go see how preorders are doing tomorrow actually. I know my area has that Xbox bias so it will be interesting to see how things are going. I know one more thing though, regarding smaller dedicated game stores... A fair few are actively pushing the PS4 after the whole anti-used game stuff.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'm kinda surprised your store has double the available PS4 pre-orders than X1, I thought it would be the opposite since the X1 isn't launching in as many countries.

That does seem odd :/ 

Either way it's great news for the PS4, if perhaps a little strange. I'm sure there are some stores where the Xbone will be selling in similar numbers, but it's certainly a good indicator that the PS4 is going to have a strong launch.

Here is hoping Sony can meet the demand.

Around the Network

The evidence is still very much anecdotal though.

The stock levels you are seeing is just a snapshot of the stock at one particular point in time. You don't really know any of the finer details like when they got more stock for the systems, the total number of stock since they started taking pre-orders, if they have a limit etc.

There are so many variables here.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Carl2291 said:
Its not too surprising to hear about big differences in certain areas.

My local store has a fairly big bias towards 360. The store in the next Town has a bias towards PS3.

I might go see how preorders are doing tomorrow actually. I know my area has that Xbox bias so it will be interesting to see how things are going. I know one more thing though, regarding smaller dedicated game stores... A fair few are actively pushing the PS4 after the whole anti-used game stuff.

This "bias" is the chicagoland area. It didn't change town to town I can see stores stock in Chicago and Indiana (because the system shows you in order of distance of your store and I'm closer to the Indiana boarder than Chicago.)

cool story bro.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Those are just eBay consoles. When the buyer can't sell them, they'll return the systems to Target. Now, those Xbox One pre-orders are from REAL gamers.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

It's not that surprising if the demand isn't there. And it isn't right now. I would suspect people would be waiting for a date too. I mean, I'll ask exactly when we started taking them. I'm fairly certain it's been over two weeks because games gets redone same day each week but only 1 pre-order in 2 weeks? Why would they supply more.