By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PlayStation 4

Tagged games:

Sony said the same thing with the PS3. No profit until 2011. I do think that the XBO is worth $100 more than the PS4; I just don't think that the mass market will care.

I mean they will eventually, and I think the XBO will eventually overtake the PS4, but saying that the XBO will have a rough start is beyond an understatement.

Around the Network

The one itself is worth 250 dollars, kinect eats up the other 250. Source: microsoft.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Well sure, the console and Kinect total cost is more than the PS4, but that doesn't mean it's worth to consumers is more. The fact that more people seem to not want kinect than do, would suggest the value that people hold the kinect to is pretty low.

if you repeat it enough times youll start to believe it, doesnt mean others will.

not stressing over its stance? how may things did they change already,and why did they get the 180 nicname?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Sony said the same thing with the PS3. No profit until 2011. I do think that the XBO is worth $100 more than the PS4; I just don't think that the mass market will care.

I mean they will eventually, and I think the XBO will eventually overtake the PS4, but saying that the XBO will have a rough start is beyond an understatement.

Microsoft will profit off of the Xbox One much faster than Sony profited off of the PS3. By rights the PS3 should've been  two to three hundred dollars more during launch, per console. Thats how deep Sony bled to save Blu Ray and make the format profitable. The Kinect will be a burden upon the sales of Microsoft.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

Microsoft will profit off of the Xbox One much faster than Sony profited off of the PS3. By rights the PS3 should've been  two to three hundred dollars more during launch, per console. Thats how deep Sony bled to save Blu Ray and make the format profitable.

I agree. I think that the XBO and Microsoft are in a much better position than the PS3 was, but I still think they will have rocky treck early on. Like I said though, I have full confidence that the XBO will eventually overtake the PS4 in sales. There's no doubt in my mind. Xbox has a far more dedicated fanbase and once the price drops sometime next year or in 2015, it will look like a more equal platform with more desirable exclusives and features to the mass market. Sony doesn't have that mass market appeal anymore. It hasn't since the PSP. If the XBO was $400, you'd see a completely different VGC right now, and that will come to light in the coming years. PS4 is only "winning" because the XBO is losing.

I tend to agree with what he is saying! The Kinnect alone is worth just as much as the Xbox one, not to mention all the services that will be provided. In Australia I still believe that Xbox one won't get all these services but I am still really looking forward to DAY ONE.

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

Microsoft will profit off of the Xbox One much faster than Sony profited off of the PS3. By rights the PS3 should've been  two to three hundred dollars more during launch, per console. Thats how deep Sony bled to save Blu Ray and make the format profitable.

I agree. I think that the XBO and Microsoft are in a much better position than the PS3 was, but I still think they will have rocky treck early on. Like I said though, I have full confidence that the XBO will eventually overtake the PS4 in sales. There's no doubt in my mind. Xbox has a far more dedicated fanbase and once the price drops sometime next year or in 2015, it will look like a more equal platform with more desirable exclusives and features to the mass market. Sony doesn't have that mass market appeal anymore. It hasn't since the PSP. If the XBO was $400, you'd see a completely different VGC right now, and that will come to light in the coming years. PS4 is only "winning" because the XBO is losing.

I have no doubt that Microsoft will profit, but giving Sony the lead in the beginning (which is basically because of launching head to head or behind them) gives the word of mouth and product awareness to Sony. Microsoft will not maintain the same numbers in America. They can only do it with a years head start. Thats how they laid their foundation even though America is where the majority of their fanbase are. Sony has beaten them in America. The majority of Microsoft's fanbase that split off came from Sonys former marketshare and with multiplats, new exclusives IP's and a better price they can easily take that away.

Maybe in the states.

But what about Europe where a number of key features wont be available at launch ?