By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Pretty pictures aren't enough

Tagged games:

"I think consumers buy hardware because of the experiences they can have on them."

Captain Obvious strikes again.

Around the Network

Yep...for the features...not the name.

"I don't think consumers buy hardware just because it's sexy and new."

I think they finally learned this themselves with the Wii U and the 3DS. He's totally correct with PS4bone though.

Reggie confirming he thinks Xbox One and PS4 are sexy.

Uh.. yes nintendo, pretty pictures are enough for this generation of consumers

Around the Network

'' Having games on your platform is overrated'' Nintendo 2013

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

It's a shame that they didn't developed a new Zelda game instead of just a HD remake. Besides that, they are trying to talk about it as something amazing, while HD remakes are pretty old now.

The new Donkey Kong looks great, I really like the direction they are keeping with the new DK games. However, they should try something new, like a 3D platformer look like DK 64.

That the Wii U sold very well at launch then fell off a cliff kind of proves him wrong. People buy at launch because it IS sexy and new, not because launch line-ups trump what the previous generation offers. You should be very thankful for that fact, Reggie.

riderz13371 said:

Reggie confirming he thinks Xbox One and PS4 are seTThe Xbox One doesn't look bad.  The white one look better.  I heared few say the Playstation 4  look futuristic, but sexy no.

The Xbox One don't look bad, and that white one is lovely.  I saw a few say the Playstation 4 looks futuristic and that I can kind of agree, but sexy is just pushing it.

It would appear that Nintendo are feeling the coming heat from the PS4 and XBONE and trying everything to make it appear that they are not bothered...Going from 100% marketshare to less than 30% sure will hurt when the consoles come out!