By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone has the most interesting universe and backstory in any game ever [Discussion]

Tagged games:

Do you want to see a Prequel in the Killzone universe on PS4?

Yes, during the third World War (2050) 30 31.25%

Yes, during the first Extrasolar War (2200) 20 20.83%

Yes, but during another period 5 5.21%

No, I want to see a sequel 12 12.50%

No, they should end it with ShadowFall 29 30.21%

Total:96

Killzone Mercenary releases very soon and Killzone Shadowfall will be undoubtedly a big hit. So in order to get into the Killzone spirit I want to have a discussion about the future and history of this universe that Guerilla Games and Sony have established. 

In the official killzone timeline you can read a lot about how everything started and developed. With this timeline and all the backstory that can be found in the Killzone games I think it's one of the most interesting universes in gaming. Unfortunately the games couldn't always present this. You needed to do your own research which I didn't see as a problem because thanks to that I searched and read more about the universe when KZ3 released 2 years ago. 

Now I'm going to get Mercenary and Shadowfall but will it end there. Storywise we can only wait to see what the next step is because I have no Idea what to expect towards the end of both game. However I see a lot of prequel possibilities and why not starting with the beginning of everything. The third world war in the 2050s in Killzone can be a great setting in a game or perhaps a game about the first Extrasolar war (note that all the games have only been situated during the second extrasolar war). 

What do you think about the story and what can we expect next in the Killzone universe?

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

I can't argue with your logic.

I had no idea Killzone had a good story, although I am glad the PS3 crowd discovers that shooters can also be interesting.

2013 btw.

nah.

While I must admit I do not know a lot about Killzone I highly doubt it has a more interesting universe and backstory than Halo.

Around the Network

I didn't read through all of it, but I read enough to see that Sony have (or shall I say had) a Gargantuan sci fi franchise in the palm of their hand but instead opted to reduce it to a completely missable military shooter. So much potential wasted IMO.

I wish this was a TPS or had a switch to TPS like Elder Scrolls. Seems interesting, I struggle so much with FPS. Might rent the Killzone collection someday to give it a shot.

teigaga said:
I didn't read through all of it, but I read enough to see that Sony have (or shall I say had) a Gargantuan sci fi franchise in the palm of their hand but instead opted to reduce it to a completely missable military game. So much potential wasted IMO.

I know. Sony pictures with the latest Elysium have expertise in Sci-Fi movies now so perhaps they should make a Killzone movie franchise. It can become a real hit if done properly. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

It's amazing how a series with such an interesting story manages to be such uninteresting games. That is some kind of talent.

what is Killzone?

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah