By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony says Xbox One's free FIFA offer is "kind of odd"

Tagged games:

odd? I see it as pretty desperate.

Around the Network

From a Sony business manager point of view, he's exactly right.

However, he's taking that perspective from Sony shoes where PS is very well footed in Europe and places where FIFA is king already.

Notice MS didn't do this with Madden. MS is already comfortable with their competitive position in the US. They know a large % of early adopters will be X360 loyalists anyways. But in Europe, Sony is bigger and more of a threat.

So to combat the lower priced PS4 and better standing of PS in that market, MS needs to add additional value. They are doing it with one of Europe's biggest yearly franchises; FIFA. It makes perfect sense and is a very smart move for that region.

Its the same reason they pumped out JRPGs in Japan early on for X360, even if it still didn't really help.

You should be attacking your weak areas and for MS, Japan is weak but really a market they likely see as very low possibility of gaining real market share. Whereas Europe is prime for growth and stealing Sony's market share.

Its not desperate or odd... its the right move for MS.

hes right why add a game when everything is going to be sold out anyways. would be the nail in the coffin for xbox in EU though if they had the fifa bundle though.

Sony are instead doing this, which is not at all a similar thing

http://www.amazon.fr/Console-PS4-500-Noire-Killzone/dp/B00ET1MFIG/ref=zg_bs_videogames_3

I don't really see why it is odd to try and compete better

EDIT: Don't know how to make the image smaller, but I think you get the point

Odd is the demagogy they have been spewing lately instead of announcing games and features on their lonely console. Microsoft have been on a steam roll since E3.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Odd is the demagogy they have been spewing lately instead of announcing games and features on their lonely console. Microsoft have been on a steam roll since E3.

Steam roll? How? Nothing has changed, and the pre-order numbers show that. They have announced as many games as MS. MS console right now is a heck of a lot more l;onely, and Sony has not even announced their big projects yet. If anythign Sony has gained more steam. What new feature did MS announce at gamescom? Nothing.

Already posted: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167160&page=1#

So now bundles are odd? lol

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

"Why would we go out and add something? Giving away stuff on day one of a new platform launch, in my mind it’s kind of odd," he added.

Driveclub comes to mind...
- free on ps+
- With every ps4 sold comes 30days of free ps+

So they are giving away free stuff at launch

iamdeath said:
Goatseye said:

Steam roll? How? Nothing has changed, and the pre-order numbers show that. They have announced as many games as MS. MS console right now is a heck of a lot more l;onely, and Sony has not even announced their big projects yet. If anythign Sony has gained more steam. What new feature did MS announce at gamescom? Nothing.

What games they have to go against MSs?