By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Manga Announced

Tagged games:

The hype over Killzone never got so high... first it was one of the best games at GamesCom with impresive visuals, gameplay and the reaval of so expected MP modes.

Not just that... the Killzone: Mercenaries for Vita is the best FPS avaiable to the portable... it is really a masterpiece for the few Vita owners in the Earth.

And now do you want more?

Manga. Sony just announced a Manga to advertise Killzone: Mercenaries for Vita.

The October issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shōnen Ace magazine will publish a one-shot manga for Sony Computer Entertainment and Guerrilla Cambridge's Killzone video game franchise on August 26. The Killzone manga featuring new characters and an original story will mark the first time the franchise is getting a manga adaptation. Illustrator and manga artist Kamome Mukojima (Grave Digger) will draw the manga.

The manga short will take place on the planet Vekta, where the ISA and Helghast have been fighting a very long war. The ISA mercenary Ross and his partner Huey meet Chajans, the sole survivor of an ISA platoon that was wiped out by the Helghast. When Ross hears of the destruction of Chajans' platoon, he decides to carry out the platoon's mission of protecting a target himself, in order to get a reward.

Kadokawa Shoten is publishing the one-shot to coincide with the Japanese release of the Killzone: Mercenary PlayStation Vita game, which is slated to ship in Japan on September 5. The game is slated to ship in Europe on September 4 and in the United States on September 10.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-22/killzone-games-inspire-manga-1-shot-in-shonen-ace-magazine

Around the Network

Hopefully this will help it in Japan.

its good, i rather see a movie, it fits more that style imo

Looks pretty sweet, how well does Killzone do in Japan?

iceland said:

Well it's a shooter so it does pretty poorly lolz.

VGC has the series at 170k sold in Japan.

Around the Network

It would be nice to see the FPS market gain a little bit in Japan so Im all up for this IF it helps FPS games there.

riderz13371 said:
iceland said:

Well it's a shooter so it does pretty poorly lolz.

VGC has the series at 170k sold in Japan.

Damn, I'm pretty sure Halo has done better, well hopefully this helps out a bit. COD does decent numbers so at least there's some kind of FPS fanbase in Japan.

So I guess Sony doesn't have much native Japanese games for Japan launch, if they have to do things like that

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
So I guess Sony doesn't have much native Japanese games for Japan launch, if they have to do things like that

YAKUZA...TLG and DS believe lol

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:
eFKac said:

YAKUZA...TLG and DS believe lol

DS? You mean Demon's Souls? 2?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!