By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Battlefield 4's Graphics Lacking On PS4 (Resolution Below 1080p)

Tagged games:

The BoringBattlefield 4 seems to run really bad on console (at least PS4).

"From the moment I sat down, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by the visuals. Instead of the crisp, detailed textures I've encountered this week on the PC version or other next-gen shooter titles, Battlefield 4 on PS4 looked soft and muddled. Wall textures looked half-finished, lacking some of the smaller material nuances or 3D variation. Environmental destruction was more extensive than Battlefield 3 and explosions would send larger chunks of buildings into the air, but once again, the particles looked dull. Weapon models looked great at the hip, but as soon as I raised them to look down the iron sights or scopes, imperfections became apparent.

Another contributing factor was resolution. While EA and DICE have not confirmed what resolution the game will run at on next-gen consoles, for the purposes of this demo, it was running at a resolution higher than 720p, but not 1080p. Though the difference between the two formats may not be recognizable to more casual players, after spending the week checking out games running natively at 1080p, it was readily apparent to me."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gamescom-battlefield-4s-graphics-lacking-on-ps4

Today twitters about the confirmed 720p resolution for the game was posted but DICE already said the game is running over 720p in PS4 DevKits but below 1080p and the resolution will be the last optimization part of developmment before launch.

That really don't look good for BF on consoles.

Around the Network

I guess the resolution is between 800p and 900p

Why do people play Battlefield on consoles?

not enough horsepower nd its not even out yet....very dissapointing...preorder cancelled

Boutros said:

Why do people play games on console? I think it is the same answer... some gamers didn't like to play games on PC.

I'm a consle gamer... everytime I tried to play games on PC give headache... the only time what I really played games on PC was when I worked for a big IT site here where I need to make articles/reviews about new PC components (most CPU and GPU).

Around the Network

I'm getting Killzone Shadowfall anyways

ethomaz said:
Boutros said:

Why do people play games on console? I think it is the same answer... some gamers didn't like to play games on PC.

But the Battlefield games have always been optimized for PC. Unlike the Call of Duty series.

It's obvious you're going to have to accept a drop of quality.

The enemy AI and open environments take up too much memory so that there is no space for a higher resolution.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

It won't run 1080p full details on a 400€ PC, which the engine actually is optimized for. Why should it run like this on the PS4? 720p60fps (or even 800p or 900p as an above poster suggested) with 64 players actually is really good.

I don't get the bitching.

ghettoglamour said:
The enemy AI and open environments take up too much memory so that there is no space for a higher resolution.

I doubt this game is using more memory on PC than you have available on consoles... memory is not the issue.