By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will a game use two Wii U Gamepads?

Tagged games:

Which game will be the first to have 2 Gamepads functionality?

Mario Kart 8 35 20.59%

Super Smash Bros. 7 4.12%

Super Mario 3D World 3 1.76%

Some other unreleased or unnanounced game 70 41.18%

Some already released game 2 1.18%

Never 48 28.24%

See results 5 2.94%

Total:170

We have known about the Wii U since 2011 and Nintendo (correct me if I'm wrong) has yet to show off a game that uses more than one Gamepad despite announcing that two will be supported at last year's E3. Did Nintendo lie? Have they not worked out the functionality properly yet? Or are they just waiting for the right game to show it off?

Everyone was so concerned about this question before Nintendo cleared it up but since then we have heard nothing. I blame the gaming press for not asking the question more often. Asymmetric gameplay is fine and all but you know what is even better? Symmetric gameplay. I think showing off games with more than one gamepad would boost the system's profile. Selling additional controllers probably adds a nice amount of spending to a console's ecosystem and Nintendo is largely missing out on that with the Wii U (aside from the Pro controller).

When will we see two Gamepads playing at the same time? When Super Mario 3D World releases? Mario Kart 8? Super Smash Bros? Ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Wii Sports U, they will have it bundled with a Gamepad for $99

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mario Kart 8. Six person local multi player.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Though I still see it as a natural fit for Madden. Can you imagine drawing up plays on the fly? Awesome !!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

They will probably release the feature for some unknown unreleased game in the future.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

are you for real ????? O.o

Not for a long time IMO.

tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:

are you for real ????? O.o

Is that too crazy a prediction?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yu-Gi-Oh

each "hand" on your own gamepad

WIN

Click HERE and be happy 

They're having trouble selling people on one, if it gets out that some games need an extra $100 investment to enjoy fully, they might have some bad PR on their hands.

"Mom! We need another gamepad so we can play Mariyonetta together!"

"Go to hell! I'm taking the whole damn thing back to Walmart and spurgeonryan had better give me my money back! Screw you, Nintendo!"

See, we'd have chaos. I doubt it will happen.