By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Publishers will decide PS3 to PS4 game upgrade fees

Tagged games:

Just saw this too. I like the idea that you can upgrade to the next gen version of your game for only 10 dollars/euros. Most publishers will probably keep it at 10, with the occasional ones who think they have better games :S, asking 15 or something like that.

Around the Network

$10 is not at all bad to get an extra next gen copy of the game. I was fearing it was going to be $30 or something knowing some of these publishers. But if Acti is going with $10, I think this is a great promotion.

So if I were to buy CoD Ghosts for PS3 and then later on buy a PS4 I can get CoD Ghosts for PS4 for just $10?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This is a great plan. I wonder how long this is going to be. I don't know what they mean by "limited time only". Will it only be during the launch of the console period?

Way better than I have expected, after they did not say anything about the actual price during the conference. I don't know, maybe I'll get the use of it. I wonder how long will it last, though.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wait, so does this also mean:

1.) Buy game on PS3 for $60.
2.) Get PS4 version for $10.
3.) Sell PS3 copy for $40.
5.) Profit

?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yeah I think the most I would pay is 10$.

darkknightkryta said:
This is a great plan. I wonder how long this is going to be. I don't know what they mean by "limited time only". Will it only be during the launch of the console period?

I think it's a limited time as in it'll only be available a couple months after a games launch. For instance, I doubt this type of thing will still work if lets say you decide to buy Battlefield 4 on the PS3 5 years from now and you want to upgrade it to the PS4 version.

riderz13371 said:
darkknightkryta said:

I think it's a limited time as in it'll only be available a couple months after a games launch. For instance, I doubt this type of thing will still work if lets say you decide to buy Battlefield 4 on the PS3 5 years from now and you want to upgrade it to the PS4 version.

I mean, what if I wanna buy Battlefield 5 or 6?  Will it apply to future games?  Or just games released at launch.

Euphoria14 said:
Wait, so does this also mean:

1.) Buy game on PS3 for $60.
2.) Get PS4 version for $10.
3.) Sell PS3 copy for $40.
5.) Profit

?

You spend 70 in this example and get 30 back. Where is the profit?