By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

Yes, it happened - I just pre-ordered Playstation 4.

Sony is really convincing me currently that PS4 is going to be a great gaming system. I think this applies to Xbone, too, but I won't buy it at launch. I will have to see how they perform and how reviews are going to be.

I already played a lot of Playstation-games until now (mostly on emulators, though) but somehow they didn't really convince me to buy there hardware ever which has changed now.

One question: Do I have to get PS+ now to get Driveclub-demo for free or is the free trial membership sufficient?

I don't really buy it for Knack because I think it is meh but I will get Killzone :) I think the launch-lineup isn't that good when it comes to exclusives but I will have some backlog on my beloved 360 so no problem to wait for excellent games on PS4.

Btw, it seems in Germany PS4 is *not* sold out... :)

So what games are you buying on launch?! Any recommendations? Perhaps I missed a gem...

To those who don't/won't believe me:

Around the Network

Congratz, I thought it was too late to get a pre-order.

BasilZero said:

OP - Say your prayers.

Cause Master Chief is coming for you

I might come for him :D Perhaps this time I will have more than one console hooked to TV because GF is gone :D

The 14 day trial of PS Plus is as if you were actually a PS Plus member. I'm pretty sure they said you get access to everything, so you'll get to test out Drive Club.

Edit - Yup here is a full article. They have a good deal right now. Buy one year of plus get 90 days extra

Today at Sony's Gamescom 2013 press conference, the company announced that all Playstation 4 owners will receive a free 14-day Playstation Plus trial with the purchase of their console.

Sony also confirmed that the free Playstation Plus trial will give gamers access toDriveclub and the new-announced Resogun.

Additionally, Sony announced that Playstation Plus members would receive free access to Assassin's Creed III in the month of September.

Finally, if you purchase a year of Playstation Plus, you now get an additional 90 days (25%) for free. The standard price for a year of PS+ is $50

riderz13371 said:
The 14 day trial of PS Plus is as if you were actually a PS Plus member. I'm pretty sure they said you get access to everything, so you'll get to test out Drive Club.

Ok thanks for the info... but... I think you were permed?! Welcome back.

Around the Network

I forgot to add: Another reason for Playstation is TLoU: I want to play this game but I think it's overkill to buy the console just for this game. And I think it will be one of the games that will be available via Gaikai. I have very decent internet, my isp has good peering-partners so I will get to play this game on PS4, hopefully.

walsufnir said:

One question: Do I have to get PS+ now to get Driveclub-demo for free or is the free trial membership sufficient?

You don't need to get + now. You will receive a free trial (about two weeks) of + if you preordered your PS4 which will allow you to download the full version of Driveclub if I am not mistaken. When your trial membership expires, you won't be able to play Driveclub or any content that you got for "free" as PS+ offers, but you will be able to play it again when you renew your + membership (or get another trial) even if months have passed since your trial expired. You can keep the content that you bought with real money at a discounted price for PS+ even when your membership has expired.

Congratulations man, I hope you got a chance to play them first though.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I'm guessing ur a big fan of indies? Cause honestly an xbox fan like urself is better off with an xb1 first because imo it has the better launch lineup.