By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can this remake ever become possible and would it sell on PS4?

Tagged games:

Would a total breakdown and remake of the God of War series (all games) be a good idea for PS4

Yes 22 22.68%

No 58 59.79%

Maybe 17 17.53%

Total:97

There are a couple of franchises that Sony owns which made appearances on multiple platforms. Gran Turismo most likely the most succesful one. Now there are a lot of God of War games created and the PS2 and PSP versions have received an HD upgrade playable on PS3. However I think they can elevate the level even higher by releasing an ultimate God of War bundle on PS4.

This is what I thought would be awesome: Two God of War games on PS4

The first game should release in holiday 2014 which is basically a remake of God of War Ascension followed by Chains of Olympus and God of War 1. Both Chains of Olympus and God of War 1 should be made with the Ascension engine on 1080p and higher resolution assets and more detail. Instead of just pasting the three games it must be a complete experience. Some stuff can be cut out and other things can be added (unified battle system, new gameplay mechanics and better cinematics and animation). 

Then one year later the same conversion should happen with the remaining games left. What are your thoughts? I would buy it if available would it have great sales? I think they would need at least 3-4 million for each release to become profitable.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

A port can maybe sell, but nowhere as goodas it did on ps3
But a remake is just a waste of money.

I'd like to see a GoW 1, 2 & 3 collection remade (Halo/Fable Anniversary style) so that they look like PS4 games and with additional content like GoW3's missing epilogue. That would be a huge seller, at least 3-4 million.

Then I'd like for Sony to announce God of War 4 (directed by Cory Barlog) at E3 2015 as well as the above collection. The collection would release during the holidays 2015 and GoW4 will release March 2016.

That would be perfect for me, no need to remake the spin-offs/prequels.

JustThatGamer said:
I'd like to see a GoW 1, 2 & 3 collection remade (Halo/Fable Anniversary style) so that they look like PS4 games and with additional content like GoW3's missing epilogue. That would be a huge seller, at least 3-4 million.

Then I'd like for Sony to announce God of War 4 (directed by Cory Barlog) at E3 2015 as well as the above collection. The collection would release during the holidays 2015 and GoW4 will release March 2016.

That would be perfect for me, no need to remake the spin-offs/prequels.

What they also can do is just make a new trilogy with other characters or mythology. There are more God of War's. Or perhaps using the same mythology but then the Roman version of it wich can be seen as a spiritual succesor. I think that Santa Monica studios is at least working on one GoW game and one new franchise beside their mutliple collaborations. I just want to know more next week about their projects. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

You want a remake of a six months old game?

Around the Network
melbye said:
You want a remake of a six months old game?

No, a remake of whole franchise put in one or two games. So we can have a Singleplayer of 2x25 hours with a unified experience from starting to end. So some scenes would be cut away and some other parts could be added. Putting new life in a franchise with PS4 graphics. 

No. Enough with the freaking God of War remakes. How many remakes/re-releases/collections were there on the PS3?
We only had two native PS3 GoWs through the generation but it felt like there was something new GoW related every half a year.
Just make new, full fledged installments.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

how about they just add BC via gaikai?

They've already released these games several times. Hacksawing them together into one game and selling it isn't necessary or wanted. Their efforts would be better spent in developing new games.

kitler53 said:
how about they just add BC via gaikai?

This

And any GOW games from here should be brand new in my view - albeit after a hiatus.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS