By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be a Nintendo fan if Mario had never existed?

Tagged games:

My first Nintendo game:

Around the Network

Would Nintendo be anything if Mario never existed? Would the NES have fallen flat on its face?

I played the original one and always liked mario! But I became a nintendo enthusiast after playing ocarina of time at a friends house!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

My gaming career would not have started when it did but I'd still be a Nintendo fan today because of Zelda, Metroid and other franchises.

I like Zelda, Metroid, and fire Emblem games a whole lot more than Mario, so yea.

Around the Network

I played my first 3D mario a few years ago and 2D mario with my wii u. So yes.

spurgeonryan said:
I would have played whatever my Dad bought for me. But Zelda would have kept me around. I do not like change. Sony was change. But I played it at my Sister in laws house. And watched Skinemax as well.

That's funny because from generation to generation Nintendo tends to change their consoles the most.

it all started with

seeing this is what made me want a nes. Without that I would have hung out in arcades.. and maybe found another cartridge game instead.

I would not be a Nintendo fan if it wasn't for Super Smash Bros.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Yep, as long as Pokemon was around

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash