By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears Of War: Judgment sold just over one million copies (Bulletstorm just under one million combined)

Tagged games:

Epic dropped the ball.

"Gears Of War: Judgment sold more on one platform than Bulletstorm had on three, but with just over one million copies sold it still underperformed for Microsoft."

"It [Bulletstorm] was a critical success but sold just under a million copies; for publisher EA, it was a commercial failure." 

http://www.edge-online.com/features/how-epics-buyout-freed-people-can-fly-to-bring-straight-up-shooters-into-the-21st-century/

Around the Network

VGC has it at 1.24 million. so its a bit overtracked?

Ouch. What was the name of that old thread that was comparing gears of war: judgement sales to god of war: ascension?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Just over 1 Million?

1.25 Million here, with Bulletstorm at 1.5 Million.

Both overtracked or Gears just right?

Carl2291 said:
Just over 1 Million?

1.25 Million here, with Bulletstorm at 1.5 Million.

Both overtracked or Gears just right?

Bulletstorm seems more like below 1 million combined.

The GAF thread: Gears Judgment sold just over 1 million copies, Bulletstorm just under 1 million

I read the article and I can't be sure Bulletstorm sold less than 1 million so I make the thread title here just saying Bulletstorm sold less than Gears.

Around the Network

Bulletstorm was a MUCH better game and I didn't think that highly of Bullestorm... so...

gergroy said:
Bulletstorm was a MUCH better game and I didn't think that highly of Bullestorm... so...

I'm pretty sure you're the kind that doesn't like FP/TP action adventures that much.

Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

I'm pretty sure you're the kind that doesn't like FP/TP action adventures that much.

well, you would be wrong.  I'm a huge fan of halo, gears, uncharted, etc.  I just really hated judgement.  I bought it day 1 and traded it in after 3 weeks.  People who aren't fans of the genre don't buy games day 1.  

Edit: In fact, I own 52 FP/TP action adventure titles between my 360/ps3/wii which accounts for just over 60% of the games I own...

The franchise has run its course. The trilogy is pretty much done. Epic needs to make another game based off of the gameplay of Gears and keep evolving the style.

It is essentially the same fate as GOW Ascension. Prequels just sell less and have less story impact.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.