By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I'm Quiting VGC Forums

Tagged games:

Well kind of.

I asked myself to get banned for 6 days just a little while ago to study for a test, and I didn't really miss VGC. Today, not that my self ban is over, I've been on VGC half the day. I feel like most of the time, on VGC I'm just wasting my time. I think there are enough opinions on this website, we don't need any more.

It's just, I'd rather spend my time off playing soccer, haning out with people, or actually playing the video games we talk about. In all honesty I think I spend more time on VGC then actually playing games.

That said, I'll still be on once in a while. I joined to forums to vote in the "Most Wanted" threads, and I'll keep doing that. I'm still going to collect VGC data and record quarterly trends, and YoY analysis's. I haven't been too good as publishing these, I do make them and then I get too lazy to upload the graphs because I've seen them 13 times in the quarter LOL. Here is a link to my last one, I'll try to publish more of these in the future.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152615&page=1

Anyway, I'd rather just play video games in my spare time then talk about them. Also I'm really unhappy with how we can't add various games into our database, how we have to add Fire Emblem Awakening in our database by the Japanese name, and box art doesn't appear in our collections. I know ioi wants to make the Gamewise database the sole database, and is working on merging the two databases, but it's taking too long, and VGC is being neglected too much in the mean time.

I'm still Game DB admin, I'll make sure all the big games are on VGC as soon as they are announced, so message me or write on my wall when something is amuk.

P.S. Salnax if you need someone to take over "Most Wanted" I don't mind covering you. I did it one month for the "Long Lost September Issue." in 2011 I believe, but now I know to use excell to tabulate it all. I joined this site for this thread, so if anytime you need help, or your sick, just pm me.

P.P.S. For everyone that's recommended me a good game to play, from Lunar to Radiant Historia, to Shining Force, to Panzer Dragoon Saga, thank you. I now feel that once I own all these games, I'll have a pretty damn awesome game collection, all thanks to you guys.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

That's a shame. I've enjoyed our gaming chats a lot.

Well, I can say that you've had several interesting opinions on the forums before, and you were a pretty good member to have a discussion with. So seeing you stop being a forum poster is slightly bitter.

I hope you are able to have a great time playing games, and the best way to do that is to stop being on VGC.

When you call it "soccer".. Yeah you better leave...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NO!

You shall be missed buddy.

Around the Network

Just stick to the COMG thread!

I find it ironic that those who say they are leaving hardly ever do.

Its the abrupt ones that truly shock us

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

We''ll miss you.

And thanks for the offer. If I ever need somebody's help for the Most Wanted Feature, I'll be sure to contact you.

Love and tolerate.

Boutros said:
Just stick to the COMG thread!

I agree with this.

You must stay in our little Community of COMG'ers! 

GAF is calling me....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)