By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Issues New Eternal Darkness Trademark in the US

Tagged games:

Would you like to see new Eternal Darkness games from Nintendo, or for there to at least be a downloadable original game?

Yep! 32 88.89%

Nope! 4 11.11%

Results 0 0%

Total:36

Digging around my game news feed today, I found this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/29/nintendo-registers-new-trademark-for-eternal-darkness-covers-digital-distribution/

Which basically renews Ninty's trademark of ED from 2010 with a newer description, including a "downloadable electronic game programs" point. Interesting to see that. Do you think this makes GC games on virtual console more of a possibility?

If somebody embedded the article here exactly as it looks on siliconera, it'd be cool. I have no idea how to do that.

Around the Network

In 2011 or 2012, someone asked them about GCN games on VC, and they wouldn't confirn or deny it, so yeah they're coming, but who knows when.

Would be cool if they were making another Eternal Darkness. Shadow of the Eternals anyone? 

I also would love to play gamecube games on the Wii U

N64 Games were the highest you could go on Wii.
Meaning GameCube games being the highest you could go on the Wii U would only make sense.

So yes, they should be coming to the Virtual Console.

Billy Hatcher? Yes!

Around the Network

Yep, but this is Nintendo, so I'm not holding my breath.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

NintendoPie said:
Meaning GameCube games being the highest you could go on the Wii U would only make sense.

The highest you can go on the Wii U are Wii U games!

would buy it again, when and if its offered. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

look at that! i'm NOT the only one who wants a new ED. Shadow of the eternals looks cool, but i would love nintendo's involvement in another ED. i think at best though, were just getting a digital release of the original. Taking advantage of precursor's advertising. I would buy a new ED, but i don't rebuy games i already own.

NintendoPie said:

That is partially because the Wii could play GC games and the system wasn't built to handle the downloadable size necessary for GC software.

The Wii U is built to be able to handle retail Wii U software digitally, so outside of Nintendo being lazy or not wanting to spend the money to convert them, there should be no excuse as to why GC games aren't available digitally.

I do hope Nintendo is smart enough to release a new Eternal Darkness game, hopefully with a talented developer that can improve on the gameplay and provide a interesting cosmic horror story as well.