By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Food poisoning or starve?

Tagged games:

Which would you do?

Food poisoning. Love me some stale food. 6 23.08%

Starve. Fasting is great after all! 19 73.08%

Total:25

I've actually been in that situation a few years ago when I was in undergrad and I'm curious to find out what other people would do. It makes it more interesting since we have a lot of diversity here (people from different cultures approach these things differently). So ladies and gentlemen ... if you were in a position where your only options were to eat bad food that would likely lead to food poisioning or abstain from eating and starve, which would you take? Let's keep it either or. :)

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

food poisening ofcourse.
Save you some time to find an escape.

Food poisoning is basically the same as starving, as your body would go into purge mode. Actually worse, really, as you'd lose fluids.

Having food poisoning was one of the worst experiences of my life (along with a bad sinus infection compounded with an allergic reaction). I'd rather eat bugs. If it's either/or, then I choose starve.

spurgeonryan said:
If I knew I was going to be saved, or I was going to get real food later on, I would eat. I think I would probably eat either way. At home I would just cook the food more the next day or go to McDonalds.

I actually took the food poisoning route. Purged myself and extracted the stuff before it got to me. Heck I'm not starving. xD In my view it is the worst of the two, but meh .... I was young.

pokoko said:
Food poisoning is basically the same as starving, as your body would go into purge mode. Actually worse, really, as you'd lose fluids.

Having food poisoning was one of the worst experiences of my life (along with a bad sinus infection compounded with an allergic reaction). I'd rather eat bugs. If it's either/or, then I choose starve.

Agreed! Food poisoning is HORRIBLE. I didn't get the full effects since I downed some activated charcoal and bentonite clay soon after, but I've heard stories and seen my friends when they had it. Not good! If I had to do it over I'd pick starve lol

Around the Network

Depends, of course you got to be smart about it. I had some frozen tenderloins that expired a year before, I still ate it and no harm done to me. I would eat stale chips or stale bread as long as I can see where the mold is I should be good. But otherwise I would definitely starve then have food poisoning.

Dissappointed that this isn't a spurgeonryan thread with anecdotes from his life..

Anyway starve.. Lost 10 pounds because of my last food poisoning.. Had some bad shrimps.. Think i finished 4 to 5 DS games cause of the time i spend on the toilet and sitting in bed..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I can imagine both are horrible, I think with starving your just gonna feel sick but with food poisoning your actually gonna be sick i think i would choose starving

Starving is running away with this one. xD

Man the last time i had real food poisoning.. i dont even wanna describe how bad it was, suffice to say i wound up in the ER. i would rather starve for a little while then go through that whole experience again. You also gotta remember if your at that point, you may not have had alot of water, and the food poisoning can bring on severe dehydration and kill you quicker...

and screw bear grylls, Les stroud is the real deal!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz