By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the Wii U Fails, Is It Time for Massive Changes at Nintendo?

Tagged games:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/07/14/if-the-wii-u-fails-time-for-massive-changes-at-nin.aspx

After reading this article, it got me thinking, if the Wii U (theoretically speaking) was a failure and Nintendo was force to start again from scratch to get the company building again.  What would you like to see Nintendo change about their buisness practice or approach to the gaming to gain back the media attention?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

If the Wii U fails, they will really need to rethink their home console strategy in order to maintain profitability. Right now, Nintendo seems to be operating on the idea that radical innovation will win the day, when in fact such innovation is a big risk. It can lead to huge rewards, like with the Wii, or huge losses, like the Wii U. It's not a very good strategy for winning over investors and guaranteeing your company will see study profits.

Innovation can be good, and they certainly should seek to try new things, but they need to be able to stay in the same technological ballpark as Microsoft and Sony, because that is where the third-party developers are. Nintendo needs more 3rd-parties on board, and have more of the same multi-plats that are showing up on their competitors' systems, so that if their innovations fail they still have these other games to fall back on. Their 1st-party studios need to be able to keep up with HD development, too, and they should try to expand a bit more in terms of game genres.

They ought to expand so as to be able to sustain their platforms completely by themselves, first and second party.

It's very, very clear that Nintendo isn't, and will never ever be getting steady 3rd party support. Ever. The simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo consoles are almost exclusively purchased for their 1st party lineup, anyway. Nobody's getting them for the 3rd party games. They should be able to just rely on their own output to carry the platform(s), and forget about the rest.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
They ought to expand so as to be able to sustain their platforms completely by themselves, first and second party.

It's very, very clear that Nintendo isn't, and will never ever be getting steady 3rd party support. Ever. The simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo consoles are almost exclusively purchased for their 1st party lineup, anyway. Nobody's getting them for the 3rd party games. They should be able to just rely on their own output to carry the platform(s), and forget about the rest.

This is a huge chunk of my answer but at the same time I dont like it. Nintendo needs secure some important developers. Make sure they at least have Square-Enix,CAPCOM,Namco Bandai and SEGA on board. Also they let other staff take charge of their IP's. Let a young team bring F-Zero or Star Fox.

They need to find a way to convince 3rd party to support their home console.
I think Nintendo should make their home console as power as Sony and Microsoft and innovative in the same time.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Many of the necessary changes are coming, such as the new facility in Kyoto that will greatly increase the number of people they can hire for their first party studios.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i would rather nintendo go bankrupt than change.

more power. I'm not a graphic bitch, but Nintendo need to think about power again

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
more power. I'm not a graphic bitch, but Nintendo need to think about power again

More 1st and 2nd party devs is what Nintendo needs, more power won't solve Nintendo problems.

Nintendo and PC gamer

They need a mssive change even if the WiiU doesn´t fail (i think it already failed no mutter what happens now, unless the reach 100 M sales).

They need to build their own ecosystem of games to support their own hardware fully and forbid EA to ever again release anything for a Nintendo console and at the same time building their own sports franchises to fill the gap of EA sports.

Third parties in general should be allowed to release games on their platforms but with quality assurances (no cash in bullshit ala EA style)

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.