By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here's what should've been the ideal Wii U launch IMHO. What about you guys?

Tagged games:

My dream scenario: Wii U releasing this holiday for 299-349 right up against PS4 and Bone. Can you guys just imagine it? Holiday 2013 under a different name, 299-349 USD, more powerful, HDD, no tablet, a new account system, no region locks, achievements, lots of third party support (GTA, CoD, FF, Street Fighter, all the PS360 stuff really), keep the partnership with Sega, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta, tons of Nintendo IPs, etc. Add remote play via 3DS and boom!

This would probably be a day one console for me. It would feel like Super Nintendo all over again: powerful, Nintendo IPs and crazy 3rd party, except now with Sega on board too.

How about you guys? What would be your ideal scenario for the Wii U launch?

Around the Network

I only entered this thread because the "would be" has to be changed to "Should've been"

Other than that, I would've been happy with them having a GC Virtual console out at launch.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
I only entered this thread because the "would be" has to be changed to "Should've been"

Other than that, I would've been happy with them having a GC Virtual console out at launch.

Thanks I've changed it. :D

I've always said that the Wii U launched too early. Wii would've had 0 support and Nintendo fans would complain because of complete lack of support but that's happening anyway. Wii U should've been launched in September 2013 and with an optional tablet.

They wouldn't even need to make it more powerful. It would be able to launch at $250 again.

That wouldn't have worked.

Launching when they did was a good thing. Making the GamePad an option is an idea they should've used, though. Wii U grew on me over time and I actually don't mind the name as much anymore. Wii 2 is bland. Super Wii is... interesting. I kind of like that. What Nintendo has in the power department is fine. Making it more powerful would increase the price, which isn't a good thing for the Wii U.

Either way, someone would've complained.

Around the Network

The Ideal launch for me would've been:
-Name the console "Nintendo Touch" or something so consumers know its a new product.

-Bundle every system with a Pro Controller and have every game support it.

-Have every game at launch support Off-TV play.

-Have Virtual Console available at launch with 10 games (2 Per System, NES, SNES, GBA, N64, and GC)

-Have the basic with 250 GB of memory and Deluxe with 500GB of memory.

-Increase development of the OS so there is no big "Day One" update.

-Have about 40 Launch Games. Most of which are third party. Some completely new, some old ports. Have big Nintendo games at launch like Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, Game and Wario, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U.

-Also have The Wonderful 101, Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Games, Sonic Lost World,Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, Rayman Legends (in this situation it hasn't been ported to other systems.)

-Have the new multiplats be AC4, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, GTA V, CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4,FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, Madden NFL 25, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Batman Arkham Origins.

-Have the old multiplats be Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Injustice God's Among Us, Resident Evil Revelations HD, Far Cry 3, Ghost Recon Online, Alien Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge.

-Have 3DS remote play so you can essentially do what the PS4 is doing with the Vita.

Is that enough? :P

NintendoPie said:

Launching when they did was a good thing.

I respect your opinion but I don't understand how anyone actually could think they launched at the right time. They obviously weren't ready with HD development yet and suffered massive delays because of it. September 2013 would've been ideal because not only would Game&Wario & Pikmin 3 be launch games but there wouldn't be any drought. 

At least you're not one of those people who think it should've launched in 2011. That would've been a complete disaster that Wii U would've never recovered from. It would literally launch with 1 game and that would be it for about a year...

xJbownagex said:
The Ideal launch for me would've been:
-Name the console "Nintendo Touch" or something so consumers know its a new product.

-Bundle every system with a Pro Controller and have every game support it.

-Have every game at launch support Off-TV play.

-Have Virtual Console available at launch with 10 games (2 Per System, NES, SNES, GBA, N64, and GC)

-Have the basic with 250 GB of memory and Deluxe with 500GB of memory.

-Increase development of the OS so there is no big "Day One" update.

-Have about 40 Launch Games. Most of which are third party. Some completely new, some old ports. Have big Nintendo games at launch like Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, Game and Wario, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U.

-Also have The Wonderful 101, Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Games, Sonic Lost World,Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, Rayman Legends (in this situation it hasn't been ported to other systems.)

-Have the new multiplats be AC4, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, GTA V, CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4,FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, Madden NFL 25, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Batman Arkham Origins.

-Have the old multiplats be Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Injustice God's Among Us, Resident Evil Revelations HD, Far Cry 3, Ghost Recon Online, Alien Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge.

-Have 3DS remote play so you can essentially do what the PS4 is doing with the Vita.

Is that enough? :P

Agree about some of the parts before the bold/underline except the name.

BOLD/UNDERLINE - And then have a drout for the next 3 years after launch because they jsut released all their games in one hit. Great strategy.

New Multiplatforms  - you relaly think those companies would have done those games on a Nintendo system?

3DS remote play - would be shit as the screen is too small and not to mentioned the 3DS isn't designed to be controlled like a console controller with only the one circle pad.

First of all, continue supporting Wii in 2011-13.

2011-Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyward Sword, Return to Dreamland, Fortune Street, Skylanders, Just Dance
2012-Last Story, Pandora Tower, Pikmin 3, DKC:Tropical Freeze, Skylanders, Just Dance
2013-Lego City Undercover, Rayman Legends, Skylanders, Just Dance

Super Wii-Holiday 2013, 32gb w/Nintendo Land @$299, only one sku.
Launch games-Mario 3D World, Super Wii Party, Wind Waker HD, ZombiU, COD, Assassins Creed 4, Watch Dogs, Arkham Origins, Skylanders, Just Dance, EA Sports titles, Battlefield 4, Sonic Lost World

2014 first half-Wonderful 101, Super Wii Fit, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2
2nd half-SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi, Project X, Smash Bros

This would have kept Wii viable until Super Wii released and would reduce post launch drought.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

my dream launch!

October 2013. ZombiU Halloween advertisements. $299 with gamepad and 8gb. W101, DK, LEGO, Monster Hunter, Pikmin, TLO Zelda WW, 3D World, Super Luigi, Assassin's, Grand Theft, blah blah blah and all teh stuff(more). Nintendo brand 1TB HDD $99 w/ tight latch. Simply put.. the WiiU would not have been criticised in a way that lended support toward another platform's launch. It would be hard to pass up when there is soo many games and its unmistakably $100 less than competition and no stigma.

But then DARKSIDERS II wouldn't get a release for it and THAT WOULD SUCK! nevermind.