By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - China to lift 13-year ban on video game consoles

Tagged games:

isnt the PS3 already allowed there?

Around the Network

Let the Playstation domination begin! I'm curious to see how the Wii and Playstation do since Japan and China have been in a row for quite some time, and many of the people have boycotted Japanese products. Should be interesting to see.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Consoles, yes. Video-games, no. Mark my words! Every last one of them will be labeled as subversive. Especially Flower.

''as long as they are manufactured within Shanghai's new free trade zone''

Ah offcourse, should have seen that one coming.

AnthonyW86 said:
''as long as they are manufactured within Shanghai's new free trade zone''

Ah offcourse, should have seen that one coming.

Not that big of a problem, as most consoles are manufactured in China anyways.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
As soon as possible, nintendo needs to slam their shores with the DS and Wii. Maybe then it could overtake who they are trying to overtake in sales.

This, except they won't because Nintendo never seem to do what they should.

Hmm, a chance for the market to grow. As the manufacturers gave up on casual-gamers I expected a mild contraction of the market, but the addition of China might lead to grow (as like the market growed with Playstation conquering europe). I think for cultural reasons Sony and Nintendo have better chances than MS. Nintendo might have a slight advantage, as they were present already with the iQue-Player and people might already know Nintendo-franchises.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

About time, they have made them for long enough. But who ever gets a following here, almost is guaranteed to dominate worldwide. The potential in China is massive.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

spurgeonryan said:
As soon as possible, nintendo needs to slam their shores with the DS and Wii. Maybe then it could overtake who they are trying to overtake in sales.
----------------------------------------------------
Nintendo already released their 3DS and Wii in China. They have partnered with iQue to bring them there, so there wouldn't be any diffrence for Nintendo.

TheDarkBender said:

spurgeonryan said:
----------------------------------------------------
Nintendo already released their 3DS and Wii in China. They have partnered with iQue to bring them there, so there wouldn't be any diffrence for Nintendo.

Just what I wanted to post :D