By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, I just became an EU citizen. (Croatia's EU entry)

Tagged games:

As some of you are aware, Croatia has just now accessioned to the European Union.

*shrugs*

We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, for the EUers here, feel free to share your opinion on EU and how it has affected your lives/your country, and your opinion on Croatia's entry. Tips/congrats/condolences are all welcome.

I won't be making any arguments myself.

And mafol, please don't be responsible for half the posts in this thread.

Around the Network

I feel sorry for you :(

You're from Croatia? :D

My condolences.

The problem with new EU members is that you're not joining from a position of strength, but rather as another market for products from the prime countries of the EU. I would expect quite a leak of Croatians to richer EU countries... a problem Latvia, Lithuania, and Romania are already facing. Croatia is a more succesful country than those, though.

Well.. welcome to the union.. I guess

Around the Network

Quick, move somewhere big before the economic realities of having a unified system ends up with the big companies screwing over the small ones one way or another.

A system where each "State" can decide it's own monetary policy without restraint just won't work.

Welcome! Now Croatia can also share the burden of a bankrupt Union.

I'm just kidding ofcourse but i honestly don't know if it's a good thing or not...

sub-zero-TM said:

Yes. I visit Austria a couple of times a year, lovely country. Done lots of skiing there, and some hiking.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far.

LemonSlice said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Yes. I visit Austria a couple of times a year

Come to Spain one day!

LemonSlice said:

As some of you are aware, Croatia has just now accessioned to the European Union.

*shrugs*

Congratulations to us