By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Most memorable games you played on a Sony console

Tagged games:

We're nearing the end of another generation and barring a few probable gems coming by now it should be clear to you which games this gen stood out the most for you personally.

What games on which Playstation do you cherish the most. What game gave you the most memorable experience, or, did you spend insane amounts of time on?

PSX

Most memorable: Xenogears, Lunar, FF7/8/9.

Whenever I hear a song from one of these I immediately travel back to those happy days...

Most time spent: Fifa 98/99.

Projected on a wall, drinking beers and having laughs with friends, priceless.

PS2

Most memorable: Xenosaga II, Shadow Hearts I/II, DQVIII, FFX.

Since Xenosaga 1 wasn't available in Europe I had to start with the movie that came with part II. In short, I loved it and enjoyed playing that story every single second of it. Shadow Hearts, amazing game, amazing setting and a fresh battle system at the time. DQVIII and FFX had the hypnotizing score that i came to enjoy so much on psx already. You know, shut off your brain and just enjoy the flow of the game and the music. 

Most time spent: Topspin 2

Battling friends till early morning...

Ps3

Honorable mentions : Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Eternal Sonata

I never got that much into games as i did during the earlier gens. I still don't know if it's me or the games...

Most time spent: Skyrim

So, what's your flavor?

Around the Network

Suikoden 2

Valkyria Chronicles

2 of the best gaming experiences Ive ever had.

Suikoden 2 is the greatest game of all time.

Crash & Spyro

PS1

Most memorable game - Tekken 3. Tekken 1 was the reason we got a PS1; Tekken 3 represented the peak of the series for me, and is both my favorite PS1 game and one of my favorite games on ANY console.

Most time spent on a game - Honestly, I can't remember. We played a lot of fighters for a while, and I was really young back then. I couldn't tell you which one we spent the most time with.

PS2

Most memorable game/most time spent: Final Fantasy X.

PSP

Most memorable game - Both God of War games (tied). What Ready at Dawn was able to pull out of the PSP is still a marvel to this day.

Most time spent - The Dissidia games. I'm a sucker for fighters with RPG elements.

PS3

Most memorable game - Bioshock 1 and Arkham Asylum (tied). Even though I still haven't finished either of them. :p

Most time spent - Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. I don't know why I love these Koei hack-and-slash games so much; I just do.

PS Vita

Most memorable game: Soul Sacrifice. Best game I've played on the system to date, despite it's flaws.

Most time spent: Dynasty Warriors Next. See above. :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

Flower.

Crash Bandicoot

Shadow of the Colossus. I loved the grand vistas and the gigantic bosses. The story was pretty good, too, especially considering how little dialogue there was throughout most of the game.

PS1: Final Fantasy VIII

PS2: God of War

PS3: Heavy Rain or Valkyria Chronicles

Final fantasy ix and lunar silver star story