By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mark Cerny at Gamelab, "Road to the PS4" VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

Tagged games:

Full video of the conference now up!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/27/mark-cerny-discusses-the-road-to-the-ps4-live-at-gamelab-2013/

The annual Gamelab conference got underway yesterday in Barcelona, Spain – bringing together some of the biggest names in game development to share ideas and discuss the future of the industry.

Among the speakers is PlayStation 4 system architect and Knack creator Mark Cerny (see yesterday’s interview if you’re unfamiliar with the name). We’re happy to be able to livestream his presentation, titled “Road to the PS4″ right here, starting at 11.00am BST/12.00pm CET.

He’s one of the smartest thinkers in the business and his talk should be full of fascinating insight into our brand new console. Please enjoy, and if you miss it, fear not – we’ll have the video available on YouTube later this week.

Quotes and summary thanks to ethomaz:

ethomaz said:

Some words from the video...

"He runs a developer there and he's worked with both Sony Computer Entertainment and Nintendo over the years, and he says that what he respects the most about Nintendo is the incredible continuity they have in the form of a core group of individuals that has now worked together for over 30 years.

"Well, we on the PlayStation side of the business have only about 20 years together now, but I'm really looking forward to the next decade or two with Shu [Yoshida], Andy [House] and the other amazing talents of Sony Computer Entertainment, and I think by the end of it we'll even have my friend in Kyoto telling everyone how our values - held strongly over a great period of time - had such an influence over the world of games."

"The three musketeers are back," he said, referring to the way Sony Computer Entertainment had appointed his colleagues Andrew House and Yoshida to senior positions in recent years, while allowing him to develop the PS4 itself.

"One of the small results of that - but huge for me - was that it provided a further boost to the engagement... the policies of engagement with game developers around the world."

That nucleus of "amazing" personnel, he said, is what he hopes will lead people to compare Sony's impact to Nintendo's in decades to come.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-27-ps4-architect-mark-cerny-hopes-playstations-legacy-can-match-nintendos

ethomaz said:

1) Three Musketeers (The Guys That Make The PS4 Happened)

2) Super Cerny's Skill Set (He Was A Prodigy That Entered At University With 16 Years Old)

3) Time To Make A Game Engine Runs (Not The Game Yet... The Prototype Of The Game Engine)

4) One Of The Old PS4's Prototype At Right (Discarted Due Bad Utilization Of Memory System)

Around the Network

Dammit... I really need to sleep now

I will try to watch just few minutes.

Just woke up. Interesting...

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

I can't wait anymore...

Good night fellas (lol it's already morning here too but I need to sleep).

Edit - The conference is in Spanish.

Wright, translate. :(

(some guy talking in Spanish)

MARK CERNY ON NOW (in English, of course)

Around the Network

He is just making the presentation introduction... I think Cerny will speak in English.

Edit: I really need to sleep.

FF7 WOW!!!!

PS. Joking.

Watching now. Thanks.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Could be interesting, i will watch for a little while.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

i just woke up, cerny speaks so softly, have to put headphones in to hear him :L

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer