By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is searching for a studio that will remake MGS1 in Fox Engine

Tagged games:

It's time to stop the activilty in the forum and just amaze how big that will be.

FROM GAF.

As it turns out one of the journalists wasn't a journalist, but rather of fan of Kojima's from Turkey. Just how he had managed to make his way to the appointment is a mystery given the sparse number of slots available. Nevertheless, he expressed his admiration for Kojima and how Metal Gear had changed his life. If it wasn't for what happened next, I would probably have been a little upset about his inclusion, but as it turns out his contribution to this story isn't insignificant. Not wanting to ask any questions he made a couple of statements instead. First of all, he asked Kojima not to allow a Metal Gear Solid movie to be, as it simply could not live up to the narrative of the games. Secondly, he requested remakes using Fox Engine for the first two Metal Gear Solid titles.

Hideo Kojima restated some of the known facts about the Metal Gear Solid motion picture as well as stating his involvement and ambition to make it a great experience. As for the second request Kojima explained that he was actually in the process of searching out a studio he could task with adapting the first game to the Fox Engine. He noted that some of the mechanics would need updating, but apparently he's keen on a second remake following Silicon Knights' Gamecube adapation Twin Snakes and HD releases of the original game.

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=8828

Around the Network

Not interested, unless its from a established developer capable of upholding the spirit of the original.

I'm divided here ... Yes I love the first MGS, but shit man, again? I'd rather a brand new MGS than another remake of MGS. If they're going to bastardize the story like they did in MGS Twin Snakes on the NGC then I probably won't bother with it. If it's more like the first MGS then ... maybe. That's just me ... At least it's not him, so he can focus on NEW MGS games or other games in general.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dont give it to platinum game please.

This... the Twin Snakes was not a really good work.

Around the Network
JoeFlex said:
I'm divided here ... Yes I love the first MGS, but shit man, again? I'd rather a brand new MGS than another remake of MGS. If they're going to bastardize the story like they did in MGS Twin Snakes on the NGC then I probably won't bother with it. If it's more like the first MGS then ... maybe. That's just me ... At least it's not him, so he can focus on NEW MGS games or other games in general.

He will be retiring after V... supposedly.

ethomaz said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dont give it to platinum game please.

This... the Twin Snakes was not a really good work.

Silicon Knights did TS.

Xxain said:

Silicon Knights did TS.

Thanks... I don't know that lol

Just a funny thought. Imagine if a Microsoft First Party did it, like Nintendo did with Twin Snakes.

Xxain said:
JoeFlex said:

He will be retiring after V... supposedly.

Hideo has been 'retiring' since I was 14 - back when the inernet was not pervasive and I bought magazines as my primary source for video game info.