By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Success for FFX HD could "pave the way" for more HD remakes, including FFXII

THAT'S NOT A REQUEST. THAT'S A ORDER.
EVERY VGCHARTERZ HAVE TO BUY FFX HD AND MAKE EVERY FRIEND BUY IT TOO.
THANKS. ETHOMAZ. 

Key Final Fantasy developer Yoshinori Kitase has told RPG Site that success for the upcoming Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster titles could lead to further similar developments for other classic FF titles, including the much-loved FFXII.

"We'll have to wait and see if these remasters are going to be successful, first," the Producer of FFX and FFXIII told us at E3 2013.

"If they do well, I think this will pave the way for more of the previous games to remade in an HD sort of quality."

Our next question was a natural one, of course - what title would Kitase like to see a HD Remaster of?

"I mean, if we HAD to single out one of the vast number of Final Fantasy titles which we could make in HD, it would have to be Final Fantasy XII," he said. "I was not involved in the project, though, so we can't really comment on that."

"What I can say though is that I hope the remastering of X and X-2 will trigger similar projects for more of the past games."

Our full interview with Kitase on Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster will hit the site shortly, and you can find our hands-on impressions with the title through this link.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2454-square-enix-success-for-ffx-hd-could-pave-the-way-for-more-hd-remakes-including-ffxii

Around the Network

They need to make KH 2.5 HD too. Although i dont know if those hd ports will be well received next gen (Its unlikely they will make them for ps3 considering ps4 launches in a few months)

Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

Luiskpx said:
They need to make KH 2.5 HD too. Although i dont know if those hd ports will be well received next gen (Its unlikely they will make them for ps3 considering ps4 launches in a few months)

I'm pretty confident they will release KH 2.5 HD before KH 3 launch... well that's the point behind not have only unique KH HD release (1.5 + 2.5)... two games sells more than one lol.

Don't they pretty much have to release HD remakes?

FFXV can't have been cheap.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I was going to purchase X and X-2 remake anyways

Why are they mocking us? They know we want VI, VII and even some VIII would be nice!!

axumblade said:
The fact they glazed over VI-IX kind of irks me. Why X? I know a lot of people love X, but it just irritates me that the others were just skipped....

X is one of my all-time favorite games and I don't get that either. Not that I'm complaining, especially with a Vita version on deck, but still. :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Well if they re-do 12 I want the DS one remade and slapped on the same disc.

Lazy, but I'm just gonna have to copy my comment across:

"So maybe 3 years down the line we'll actually see it released -_-

Still, I'd much rather have XII than X, so this puts me in quite the dilemma.

I wonder what their expectations for "successful" is, too. Knowing Square Enix, the bar is quite high and they'll ignore how it performs relative to other HD Collections."

Still, after reflecting on that previous thread, it seems that a moderate amount of effort would reap pretty nice returns as long as the sales are somewhat decent. Maybe they don't have to sell amazingly well. I'm pretty sure that more than the 200k Kingdom Hearts sold is a given.