By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exactly how much of the FFXV trailer gameplay elements was BS?

Tagged games:

How much was real/fake?

100% real, no BS 26 37.68%

Mostly real, a little bit... 17 24.64%

50/50 I'd say, not entirely convinced 15 21.74%

Mostly BS, it's Square Enix! 6 8.70%

All BS, FF13 taught us this a long time ago! 5 7.25%

Total:69

So, after watching the FFXV for the first time, I was blown away and instantly premised that it could be my favourite game of all time (title currently held by FFX). I instantly assumed the crazy ass cover diving, craziness etc was all possible in game but then it occured to me that...we pretty much saw the same thing in the original FF13 trailer where it looked impressive at the time, it just turned out to be CGI with menus imposed on afterwards.

So now, we have FFXV, yes it's next Gen, yes it's stunning and yes we've seen previous gameplay demos where the action did look dynamic and free flowing but I can't help but wonder, how much of this was free flowing and how much was BS?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I would say most of it was basically bs.

There were several bits where he could just teleport around and that is just clearly a situational ability or it would be entirely game breaking

I think we did see real gameplay, but features that only appear at specific times. I just want to see the world map and airship

50/50 some will probably be like those set piece fights in ff13 and some of those abilities will be usable all the time. I think this will be the best ff in terms of combat though Nomura's team seems to be getting pretty good with combat.

You didn't realize Square Enix just makes movies now?

Ajescent said:

So, after watching the FFXV for the first time, I was blown away and instantly premised that it could be my favourite game of all time (title currently held by FFX). I instantly assumed the crazy ass cover diving, craziness etc was all possible in game but then it occured to me that...we pretty much saw the same thing in the original FF13 trailer where it looked impressive at the time, it just turned out to be CGI with menus imposed on afterwards.

So now, we have FFXV, yes it's next Gen, yes it's stunning and yes we've seen previous gameplay demos where the action did look dynamic and free flowing but I can't help but wonder, how much of this was free flowing and how much was BS?

nah, compare it to the other trailers, also watch the "Battle video" its a lot like Kingdom Hearts actually, not something impossible to do.

Around the Network

Looked decent for what one would expect from a PS4 game.

I think there was some BS in there. Like the parts where they work as a group. How does that operate QTE or something? Other then that I think most of it was real because they're aiming for that Advent Children feel.

The part I'm calling BS on is the title. There's no way SE is going to wait until 2020 to release another Final Fantasy game.

Love and tolerate.

The 1st trailer was essentially demonstrating the games Uncharted moments. Elements of scripted camera angles and animations seamlessly intergrated with gameplay and player input.

I would love for them to work a bit harder to achieve the cinematic quality seen in the trailer consistently through the gameplay, a lot of it was just camera work and context/environment sensitive animations.

Well some of the parts are scripted, that's for sure, but I think the gameplay sections still look pretty legit.

Like that one gif there. Not too sure on the warping stuff. Either way, it's likely very far off. From what Nomura was saying and the lack of the release time period, I'm not too sure if we'lll get it before 2015 lolz.

For example, I think this section is scripted a little.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)