By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker Woes

Tagged games:

FIRSTLY, the title of the thread is perhaps a little misleading. I just couldn't resist.

OK SO,

Nintendo (and the fans obv) are touting The Wind Waker remake for Wii U as some sort of killer app. Please know that I loved that game to bits. I played the crap out of it. I even had a GBA with the GC-to-GBA cable for the Tinkle stuff. The game stole 2 entire weeks of my life. It was beautiful.

Now consider, that Nintendo's software output has been less than stellar of late. Surely they would want to use their resources as wisely as possible. New, fresh experiences on the Wii U would do wonders for their public image.

Enter The Wind Waker. A game over 10 years old. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be cool.

But... Nintendo... I have to confess... I've kinda, already played it in HD...

Sorry.

The sad thing is it probably looks better on the dolphin emulator than it will on the Wii U. Who am I kidding! Of course it looks better on dolphin.

SO, are there new dungeons? New islands? Will the gamepad bring anything new to the table?

I just don't see how this fits in to the sparse gaming landscape you're responsible for of late.

Around the Network

they redoing the graphics, They using it to experiment with new cell shading ideas which HOPEFULLY WILL NOT be used in the new Zelda.

Given that it's a cel-shading game, the old version getting upscaled like it does on the Dolphin emu will still look excellent.
Now if it looks better than the upcoming HD remake is highly debatable.

I've heard that this is a really great remake. They've added things, so you might wanna pick it up even though you've played it already.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I surely understand your viewpoint, but not everybody has played it in HD.
10 years is quite a long time in gaming. Many young people haven't played Wind Waker.
It's a masterpiece polished and re-released to be played by a new generation.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Given that it's a cel-shading game, the old version getting upscaled like it does on the Dolphin emu will still look excellent.

Well the new version at least according to the "screenshots" is crippled by bloom and has fucked up colors.  Blue is turquoise etc....

Also the contrast is shit on WiiU  but well its a work in progess that was not what the game looked like because there was actually no game at the time.

Lets just hope it has the colorscheme of the original just with better lighting and textures and widescreen and etc....

Barozi said:

Have you seen it running on highest settings in full HD?

It's incredibly beautiful. I don't think it's very debatable. Check a 1080p youtube vid and get back to me!

They thought WW sold bad because of low Gamecube sales. Their stated intent is to have it sell more this time. It's so they can justify to themselves that WW was the Zelda game everyone wanted.

DanneSandin said:
I've heard that this is a really great remake. They've added things, so you might wanna pick it up even though you've played it already.

What have they added?

I'll probably pick it up anyway :) despite this thread

Dr.Grass said:
Barozi said:

Have you seen it running on highest settings in full HD?

It's incredibly beautiful. I don't think it's very debatable. Check a 1080p youtube vid and get back to me!

Wind Waker was also incredibly beautiful. I don't see why more is needed really. Nintendo should spend those resources on the new Zelda.