By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deep Silver and 4A Games Hail Critical Acclaim and Early Sales Success for Metro: Last Light

Tagged games:

Deep Silver and 4A Games hail critical acclaim and early sales success for Metro: Last Light

Deep Silver today announced that Metro: Last Light has enjoyed a stunning first week of sales, significantly outselling its predecessor Metro 2033 over the same launch period, and earning stellar reviews from the gaming media on all three platforms.

• On Windows® PC, the game more than tripled Metro 2033′s worldwide sales over the same opening week period

• In the US, Metro: Last Light sold through more boxed units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 has managed lifetime to date

• Across all formats worldwide, Metro: Last Light has sold more units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 managed in 3 months

• Metro: Last Light has shot to #1 in the weekly charts in multiple European territories including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and also in the UK, where publisher Deep Silver recorded their fourth straight week at number 1

Source: Terminalgamer

Around the Network

The same Metro Last Light that barely broke 200k sales on PS3 and Xbox360 combined yet? Don't make me laugh...

KHlover said:

The same Metro Last Light that barely broke 200k sales on PS3 and Xbox360 combined yet? Don't make me laugh...

Perhaps...undertracked?

Wright said:
KHlover said:

Perhaps...undertracked?

Possible, but IIRC the position in the Europe charts was just like described in the Deep Silver announcement. I'd say this announcement simply overstates the success of a successor to an absolute niche game being developed under shitty circumstances (Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/15/4a-games-working-conditions/)

KHlover said:

Are you actually saying that a company's numbers are 2nd to vgcharts??? Come on that's blatent idiocracy. Also digital numbers were most likely included and Metro is a famous franchise on the pc like the witcher series.

Around the Network
KHlover said:

PC sales should be more than PS3 and 360 combined.

NYCrysis said:
KHlover said:

Are you actually saying that a company's numbers are 2nd to vgcharts??? Come on that's blatent idiocracy. Also digital numbers were most likely included and Metro is a famous franchise on the pc like the witcher series.

Aren't VGChartz numbers usually not more than 20% off? Hell, even if we assumed the numbers were 100% off the game still would be at 400k combined for PS3 and Xbox360. And yes, on VGChartz I will refer to VGChartz numbers.

KHlover said:
NYCrysis said:
KHlover said:

Hell, even if we assumed the numbers were 100% off the game still would be at 400k combined for PS3 and Xbox360.

That would mean first week both consoles spawned equal sales to the 360 total lifetimes Metro 2033 sales + PC sales!

well, metro 2033 didn't release for ps3. as much as i know it was a console exclusive.

sounds still undertracked.

spurgeonryan said:
I just rented this and Res. Evil Revelations for the 360. I hope it is really good. Will have to watch out for the nudity in case the kids come in.

Well, yeah, you need to be careful.