By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamestop found out about Microsoft's pre-owned games policy later than we did

Tagged games:

From GAF.

When asked about Xbox One's potential second-hand fee, Bartel said the information came "as a surprise" and declined to comment "on speculation."

"All that Microsoft has said so far is that they've designed the Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," Bartel said. "That's what I'm going with at this point. I think there's additional details they're going to reveal later on."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352772/gamestop-president-sony-and-microsoft-see-the-value-in-used-games-on

Good bye Gamestop... you will be dead soon.

Around the Network

dont you just hate it when you help a mega corporation and they screw you big time...

All they have to do is sell 'activation' cards (So you buy a new used game for $45.99 then you have to purchase the 'activation' card for $4.99 the $45.99 goes to GameStop and the $4.99 goes to the developer/publisher, or of course you pop the disk in and have to purchase the activation on psn/marketplace) - yes GameStop will lose some of the billions they make on used games, but they will still be very profitable. Maybe a pain in the ass but oh well.

If Sony is more used game friendly, then they and Nintendo will benefit greatly from Gamestop's retail support while Xbox One will be sitting in the corner.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

i was wondering how this would work, i mean i can go buy any game i want right now and return it in 7 days and get all my money back at eb games and they still sell it as NEW. does that mean i could troll all XBone gamers at my store by making them pay a second hand fee on a new game. MS have a lot of shit to clear up

Around the Network

Any chance Gamestop will boycott Xbox?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Are you sure it isnt: Goodbye Microsoft, you will be dead last this gen?

Also, if retailers like gamestop decide to boycott Xbox, microsoft will be in a world of hurt.

he must be pissed lol why didnt microsoft tell them? now that probably made them even more pissed

zorg1000 said:

i could see it 

animegaming said:
zorg1000 said:

i could see it 

I wonder who that would hurt more

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.