By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - System Shock 2 on Steam (Not sure if its old news...)

Tagged games:

One of the best games i ever played! Better then Bioshock in my opinion.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Their was a site that you could get the game I thought for free this year, could have been steam not sure I just know we had a thread about it and that I wanted to download it.... Could be games for windows?

Lostplanet22 said:
Their was a site that you could get the game I thought for free this year, could have been steam not sure I just know we had a thread about it and that I wanted to download it.... Could be games for windows?

GoG?

BasilZero said:
Porcupine_I said:
One of the best games i ever played! Better then Bioshock in my opinion.

I wonder if they'll release System Shock 1 for Steam in the future ;o.

Edit: I just saw screenshots of the first game - damn talk about ancient! XD

yeah, and i started it several times and could never get into it, i have no idea why

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Here is some footage of the original.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

GoG?

Yes possible! I just now it was not possible for me :s..  Kind of sad really want to play it...(why is this not on XBLA/PSN?)..

Meh, I never seemed to get interested in this game for some reason.

Ah System shock, I remember when you were first released and I raced down to my local games store and snapped you up and actually didn't decide to go to high school for a week, those were the days! :P

However, no way can I play it now, it makes my eyes bleed. :(
It really does need a remake.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Lostplanet22 said:
dobby985 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

GoG?

Yes possible! I just now it was not possible for me :s..  Kind of sad really want to play it...(why is this not on XBLA/PSN?)..

It's a miracle that it even made it to digital distribution.
The rights to the game have been in limbo for years and a lot of work had to be done getting the game to run on a modern OS.

Many people believed it would never happen.

Pemalite said:

Ah System shock, I remember when you were first released and I raced down to my local games store and snapped you up and actually didn't decide to go to high school for a week, those were the days! :P

However, no way can I play it now, it makes my eyes bleed. :(
It really does need a remake.

You can run it in 1080p or even higher. There are many graphics mods.