By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo refunding Nintendo Club coins for Super Metroid if you own a Wii U.

Tagged games:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57178600&posted=1#post57178600

According to GAF user, H3XAntiStyle, he impatiently used his Nintendo Club coins this last month to get Super Metroid for free on Wii VC. He was still planning on upgrading for the $0.30 promotion scheduled to start on May 15th, but just couldn't wait.

Well today he received the following email.

Dear Club Nintendo Member,

Thank you for your recent order of Super Metroid from Club Nintendo. We're sending this notification to let you know this title is going to be available from the Nintendo eShop for Wii U for 30 cents, as part of a special promotion starting on May 15.

Because you are a Wii U owner, we have refunded the 150 Coins you redeemed for Super Metroid. You may still use the code you received to download the game for free to play on Wii or Wii U. We hope you enjoy your game, and visit Club Nintendo again soon.

Nintendo

Very intersting indeed. Nintendo must of realized too many people simply were not aware of the 30-30-30 promotion and would be pissed when they realized they could of saved their coins for rewards that weren't already going to be practically free. Probably same reason the remaining 30-30-30 titles are not already released in eShop.

I recommend anyone else who has done the same to make sure you've moved your Wii content to Wii U so you can receive your missappropriated coins.

Super Metroid will be $0.30 starting May 15th for 30 days. Only ignorance will cause you to miss out on this top tier game.

Around the Network

Really, no comments? I know for a fact a few of you used coins for this game vs waiting for the promotion.

Nice from Nintendo^^

Super Metroid will be the first promo game I'll actually buy^^

Wow, so Wii U owners can basically get Super Metroid free of charge a month early.

Aw, how sweet of Nintendo to do such a thing. (Although, this should be normal procedure, so...)

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Wow, so Wii U owners can basically get Super Metroid free of charge a month early.

The Nintendo Club offer is over.

It would only be the Wii VC game.

You still have to wait until May 15th for the Wii U VC game.

spurgeonryan said:
I never heard of any of these promotions. So I am not surprised that this gamer did not know. Nice that Nintendo fixed the problem quickly.

I don't understand how anyone on a gaming forum could not of known about the 30day 30cent 30year promotion Nintendo has been running ahead of the VC service's launch.

The person in the OP did know, but he was just impatient and obviously didn't care about the coins.

hahha, just got this message, so that means we get the game basically for free not even using the points :). Now have to wait the 15th to redeem the game, can't wait

spurgeonryan said:
I never heard of any of these promotions. So I am not surprised that this gamer did not know. Nice that Nintendo fixed the problem quickly.

I'm curious, how many people actually tune in to Nintendo Direct?

LemonSlice said:

I'm curious, how many people actually tune in to Nintendo Direct?

Quite a few. It just seems that some people don't retain info/certain people didn't hear about a new Direct.